milking fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

small_fry

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
ive heard that when peoples goldfish and koi breed they milk them...but what does this mean???
im new to goldfish and koi and ive got my dad to build me a 4ft long 4ft wide pond in the garden :p

im guessing they breed they sell them and make more money

^_^ ^_^ ^_^ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

according to the movie 'meet the parents' you can milk anything with nipples, but i'm not aware of any fish that posses nipples!

i'm pretty sure it's just as bri said, but Ryan is the coldwater expert!

Get in here Ryan :nod:

:blink: Its a new one on me to, never heard of the term 'milking' unless it refers to the collecting of Koi eggs without a male or something strange but if it does excist it is certainly not widely practiced or maybe it is a term used by one or two Koi keepers but no one else? :blink:

Milking fish is very common up here well salmon anyways. It consists of little more than sqeezing the fish just right to get either milt or eggs the term acctually came from dolts mispronounceing milting. Just a little FYI but milting refers to males only so now milking has become the correct term

ahhhhh right so you get a male and female goldfish and hold them in water with plants and you make both fish do the thing ;)
and it saves getting the eggs after they have bred in a pond?
is dat right lol

Most reactions

trending

Back