May Have A Gambling Problem! Lol!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

kylealastairlove

Fish Addict
Reaction score
so today i had £30 which i managed to make out of selling old games and dvds, which i was going to use to do up my tank, was really looking forward to getting a load of plants and maybe some more fish. but then, i went out with my friend to some shopping centre spent 5 on food and drink then we took a trip to the local arcade, and i somehow managed to blow £25 gambling on bandits oh lord i was so depressed, still a bit annoyed at myself, we usually go down there quite often for something to do in the day time, and at one point i was spending £10 a day gambling all my money away, now i have nothing and im rather upset that have no money to spend on my tank :( but every time i have money i end up at the arcade losing it all 90% of the time, hmph :( anyway rant over just wanted to get that off my chest lol!

so today i had £30 which i managed to make out of selling old games and dvds, which i was going to use to do up my tank, was really looking forward to getting a load of plants and maybe some more fish. but then, i went out with my friend to some shopping centre spent 5 on food and drink then we took a trip to the local arcade, and i somehow managed to blow £25 gambling on bandits oh lord i was so depressed, still a bit annoyed at myself, we usually go down there quite often for something to do in the day time, and at one point i was spending £10 a day gambling all my money away, now i have nothing and im rather upset that have no money to spend on my tank :( but every time i have money i end up at the arcade losing it all 90% of the time, hmph :( anyway rant over just wanted to get that off my chest lol!
Back the Horses
they are better.

Buy your own bandit. A mate of mine did it for his brother who was addicted to them. He kept the key so his brother would gamble on it and in a way was saving. When he did drop the bandit, he had some spending money yo go buy something he wanted.

Just an idea.

yeah i should be backing the horses ! might have a bit more luck :p haha
id love my own bandit! quite expensive, but i guess i would make my money back soon enough when i get my friends to come round and loose all their money on it ;) haha!

Are you stupid? If you have a gambling addiction that is giving you depression you should sort it out.

I had a similar problem a few years back. Was spending silly money. The way I stopped was literally to not go in places where I can gamble. Never think 'its only a fiver' as it will be more in the end 'it's got to pay out soon' it will pay out, but it will never be what you put in. The only person who wins is the person who owns the machine.

You never lose the addiction, it's in your personality. Just need to learn to stop putting in that first pound...

yeah that is true, cos you could end up putting in a fiver and it not pay out, but then it makes you think ohh its got to pay out soon so you put more money in, and it just goes on and on ha! i think when i do have money, and i know im going anywhere where i could gamble i'll have to ask one of my mates to look after my money and not give it me no matter what i say until we get out the place :D lol!

I believe there is a gambling recovery programme based on the 12steps that was first used in alcoholics anonymous.
Worth a try if its so bad. Your thinking of asking your friends to keep hold of your money whilst your out and about.

Most reactions

Back