Manganese/managuense? Cichlid

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ficious

Fish Addict
Reaction score
sorry guys idk if this is new world or old world...my lfs has one. are they rare to find? its 10 bucks....thanks

Cichlasoma managuense is South American. They are nasty pieces of work that need their own tank, and a big tank at that. Unless you have a spare 6ft tank sitting around doing nothing, I wouldn't touch it at any price.

if you can lay your hands on a 6fter as said and want a solo tank, these guys are stunning fish with great attitude....i loved my to peices but could not house another 6fter :angry: so my friend has him in his 300us......they are sexy fish

i effin love jags and as soon as me nd my gf have our own place guess whats first piece of furnature?? a 6-8ft tank so i can have one of these bad boys pby far the sexiest fish ever but not to be messed with these guys eat anything and everything and dont like tankmates so i have been told and a tank at least 6ft is what they need

Parachromis managuensis are central american fish. They are indeed highly aggressive and should be mixed with care. They arn't particulary rare though and $10 seems ok for a 1" fish. You could keep a female in a tank smaller than 6ft however at 1" you couldn't sex it so would be a risk I wouldn't take.

Most reactions

trending

Back