Managing Games

[/quote] Toulose are on a bit of form if i remember?

Also make sure you confirm all changes in tactics are they don't change :thumbs:
[/quote]

Yes, They have won 3 + drawn 2 on last 5 matches...Just got 20Mill. in kitty and hoping to bring in a quality striker soon.

.....So how do you make Subs if injuries happen or get a sent-off player? + Do the players usually get to 100% fitness as the match is nearer?

Just rejected a friendly Vs. D.Zagreb as I want the players fully-fit for Saturday!

Yes, They have won 3 + drawn 2 on last 5 matches...Just got 20Mill. in kitty and hoping to bring in a quality striker soon.

.....So how do you make Subs if injuries happen or get a sent-off player? + Do the players usually get to 100% fitness as the match is nearer?

Just rejected a friendly Vs. D.Zagreb as I want the players fully-fit for Saturday!

I'm sure it said friendlys wont affect your players fitness like real games do. Anybody else fancy a friendly to get some practice in?

If you look at the tactics page there is something there to automatically swap subs if you are winning, loosing or regardless of the score.

Just signed my first player... Kieron Dyer for a bargain Ā£5M. I had nearly Ā£40M to spend, obviously less now :p

That's one of the problems that i don't like, you have to make the substitutions before the game so you can never really tell who will need to be subbed you just do it as you guess.

I always sub roy makaay as he is alot older than my other players so he seems to tire faster than the others. Yes they normally get somewhere around 10% fitness per day.

If your a gold member, friendlies dont effect your fitness ratings or cards dont count but it does for us basic members unless we were the ones being offered a friendly by a gold member. So you probably did the best thing by rejecting that offer.

transfer clear by about 9am every morning if dealing with the computer so try and get them sorted tonight so you can play them tomorrow :good:

I'm sure it said friendlys wont affect your players fitness like real games do. Anybody else fancy a friendly to get some practice in?

If you look at the tactics page there is something there to automatically swap subs if you are winning, loosing or regardless of the score.

Just signed my first player... Kieron Dyer for a bargain Ā£5M. I had nearly Ā£40M to spend, obviously less now :p

You might be right..? i think they may now let basic members have friendlies and not have the outcomes such as cards and injuries count in the real game.
Dyer for 5m is not a bad buy ;)

You guys will struggle for the rest of this season as most of the managed teams have got their squads nearly sorted so don't be disheartened if you don't fair to well early on. I'd prepare for next season if i were you as i don't think you will be able to get promotion chasing squads together this early.

Just a little tip for you all, try and deal with clubs that are unavailable to manage in this setup so you can swap players that you dont need and save the cash for unmanaged or managed players you want! I'd say try and sign 90 rating players for this division. All of my starting line-up except my LB is now a 90 rating. my LB is an 89.

My family members manage the following teams: Villa, Pompey, Boro and man city. I'd say that villa and man city are the strongest in the league by far but they have not long took over so it will take them a few games to get in the top 3 i know one of you is playing against villa next game so good luc i will be very surprised if you get a point!

Just a little tip for you all, try and deal with clubs that are unavailable to manage in this setup so you can swap players that you dont need and save the cash for unmanaged or managed players you want! I'd say try and sign 90 rating players for this division. All of my starting line-up except my LB is now a 90 rating. my LB is an 89.

My family members manage the following teams: Villa, Pompey, Boro and man city. I'd say that villa and man city are the strongest in the league by far but they have not long took over so it will take them a few games to get in the top 3 i know one of you is playing against villa next game so good luc i will be very surprised if you get a point!

Yea i'm playing Villa tonight.

I wasn't expecting too much, most of my better players seem to be injured or not match fit. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I shall have a crack at that, I've had an addiction to football manager games for about 8 years and am wasting my life playing them!!!

You would think you would get bored but I keep playing sometimes till 3am on a work night. I must be stupid

I'm in league 107 div 4 with Estudiantes!! didn't have much choice of teams lol

I'll tyr and work out what to do now :rolleyes:

Don't worry i used to do the same on LMA the missus used to go mad at me on the xbox at 5am in the morning when i was due up in 15mins time for work :lol:

Yea we've done well i'm glad a few of you have joined as there are more human managed teams now as there were a fair few computers in the lower leagues, this is normally the case though is everone snaps up man u chelsea and so on.... I prefer starting at the bottom and working my way up theres no fun winning the league with man u because anyone can do it :nod:

Keep coming and signing up peeps world championship 1070 div 4

Tonights predictions (TFF Members games only):

Esudiantes 0 - 3 Manchester City - Very tough game against one of the best teams in the league

Aston Villa 2 - 0 Dinamo Zagreb - Again your up against one of the best sides in the league

Feyenoord 2 - 1 Dortmund - My team can score but also concedes i think i will beat you today though :p

Toulose 0 - 0 - Napoli are a good side but not on form maybe you can nick a point

You've all joined at a tough time like i said earlier but you have plenty of time to prepare for next season. I think i will probably miss out on a place of promotion myself even though i'm top, im sure villa and city will take 2 of the 3 spots but that 3rd place is up for grabs!

I would be very happy with a point, as I'm just getting familiarised with the players/ layout.

I need a win to close in on 9th Pos. like, so I will be pushing my playmaker behind the front two.

Do you tend to arrange subs much, or not?

(One of my best players, 'Achille.Emana has just turned down Newcastle in real-life as he wants to go to LaLiga with R.Betis....hope he lives up to his potential for me!)

We should keep this thread updated when the results come through.....+ could we arrange a 'mini-TFF tournament', via friendlies?

I use my subs to be fair to help my key players gain some fitness back in preparation for the next game.

Yep let's keep it up, each manager could do a kind of newspaper report on his team transfers scores etc?

After tonights results we should organise the tournament like you said.

Let me double check that they don't count towards the league for basic members though because i thought it was only for gold members

Tonights predictions (TFF Members games only):

Esudiantes 0 - 3 Manchester City - Very tough game against one of the best teams in the league

Aston Villa 2 - 0 Dinamo Zagreb - Again your up against one of the best sides in the league

Feyenoord 2 - 1 Dortmund - My team can score but also concedes i think i will beat you today though :p

Toulose 0 - 0 - Napoli are a good side but not on form maybe you can nick a point

You've all joined at a tough time like i said earlier but you have plenty of time to prepare for next season. I think i will probably miss out on a place of promotion myself even though i'm top, im sure villa and city will take 2 of the 3 spots but that 3rd place is up for grabs!

I dont know about 2-1 my team have scored 14 goals in 6 games, my team can score but carnt defend to save their lives :lol:.

Todays Transfers

Johan Djourou 8 million
David Healy 5 million
Matias Vouso 8 million
Joe Lewis 750k

Hopefull Transfers

Roberto Carlos 3 million
Raul Garcia 22 million
Anton Ferdinand 6 million
Shaun Wright-phillips 11 million
David Beckham 5 million

I'd be suprised if you get Becham, he plays for my cousins team and i doubt he'll let him go, but who know? :dunno:

5mins to get our teams in before they take them for the game. Result usually come back about 9 - 9 30pm tonight.

The best way to watch the game is just go straight to the bottom of the page on team overview and click on score centre on last fixture. this way you get the suprise of the result while reading the commentary to see how you fared.

Goodluk everyone

Yeh Good Luck Everyone, May The Best Team Win

Most reactions

Back