Male Guppies And Male Endlers

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Tropical_Fish

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I was going to put Endlers and Guppies together (males) but someone has advised me that the Endlers will constantly badger the Guppies - is that true.

I've searched google but all I can find is that they are fine together (most of the stuff is about making hybrids though)

Its very possible for them to harass other males but again it depends on the fish most will be fine.

But i've seen a male trying to mate with a large guppy male and it never give's up even now 6 months later he's still trying!

I'm not sure about compatability but i did have 3 male enders for a day before i returned them to the lfs,they were little terrors to my other fish!fin nipping and chasing them everywhere!!

You must of had some crazy fish because i have been keeping them together for a while now and the endlers are very friendly and i even have a couple hybrids. My endlers keep to themselves near the top of the tank and the guppies keep to the middle and there is no fin nipping. OM47 knows alot about this, he advised me not to put them together because they get along tooo well and will cross breed with no hesitation.

Heres one of mine:
DSC01026.jpg

Endlers are much more active fish than guppies but unlike most livebearers, they don't need 2 or 3 females to each male. Endlers are far more gentle than a guppy or platy in that they will court a female but if she is not interested they will move on. In even numbers, they do not cause the stress that their guppies brothers would. What a guppy or platy will do in that situation is not appropriate for a family forum but suffice to say that they do not give up just because the female is not interested.

Endlers are much more active fish than guppies but unlike most livebearers, they don't need 2 or 3 females to each male. Endlers are far more gentle than a guppy or platy in that they will court a female but if she is not interested they will move on. In even numbers, they do not cause the stress that their guppies brothers would. What a guppy or platy will do in that situation is not appropriate for a family forum but suffice to say that they do not give up just because the female is not interested.

Couldn't have said it any better Oldman.

I was going to put Endlers and Guppies together (males) but someone has advised me that the Endlers will constantly badger the Guppies - is that true.

I've searched google but all I can find is that they are fine together (most of the stuff is about making hybrids though)

they have no problems toghether....

Hi, it's been a while since this thread started....

but i've had endlers for several weeks with zebra danios and platys, then today I added a couple of male blue neon guppies and they have not stopped chasing them all aft/eve. They look as if they are trying to bite the guppies.....I have had to take them out while waiting for advice from the forum. don't know what to do!

I've replied on your other thread, but just in case; it's common for new fish to be chased about. I don't think the Endler's will do your guppies any harm; just make sure you have plenty of hiding places and let them sort themselves out.

Most reactions

Back