Male angel not fertilizing the eggs

I tried uploading a video, but you'll have to make do with a picture. I've been doing 50-90% wcs when dosing the meds, and I still have a lot left. They didn't have live foods at my lfs last I checked, but I'll try again.

Attachments

• 20190425_165317.jpg
    20190425_165317.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 305
He looks a lot better in the latest picture. He still has a small patch on the side of his body but that should clear up soon.

You can continue treatment for up to 2 weeks but no longer.

If you can't find live food, try raw or cooked prawn/ shrimp. defrost one, remove the head, shell and gut (thin black tube in body) and throw these bits away. Use a pr of scissors to cut the remaining prawn up into little bits and offer 1 or 2 pieces at a time. Feed until the fish are full and then remove uneaten food straight away.

Thanks again, I'll do that! When you say 2 weeks, do you mean 2 weeks from now? Or one more week?

Two weeks of medication total, from when you first started treating.

Ugh, I gave a new dose of meds and did a wc yesterday, but the fish got a lot worse overnight. I feel so sad. It was a bit of nitrite in the water when I checked today, probably due to some rotting food that escaped my attention. I did a wc and got the nitrite down, but I can't help but heavily blame myself. I'm not sure if he'll make it. Is there anything else I can do to save him?
20190426_173721.jpg

I THINK YOU SHOULD ISOLATE THE MALE ANGEL FIRST. DO NOT KEEP ANYTHING IN THE ISOLATED TANK.ENCOURAGE THE FISH TO EAT BRINE SHRIMP[LIVE] AND STOP THE MEDICINE. GIVE DOSES ONLY ONCE IN TWO DAYS. HOPE THIS WAS HELPFUL. WORKED FOR MY ANGEL WHEN IT WAS ALIVE.[DIED OF OLD AGE ;C]

The fish has a bacterial infection on the side of its body (the white patch with red around it).

If the medication has stopped working then you might need anti-biotics. These work best in bare tanks and wipe out filter bacteria so you need to monitor water quality closely.

Ok, what do I look for in the pet store as antibiotics? I really hope I can save him =(

I don't know what anti-biotics your shop sells because different countries have different regulations on the sale of anti-biotics. In Australia we normally need a vet to prescribe us with them, although some shops have packets of Tetracycline for sale.

Just visit the local pet shop and see what they have in the way of anti-biotics for general bacterial infections.

The anti-biotics will be in a dry tablet form. Do not get liquid anti-biotics.

I found him dead when I got up this morning =( Thank you so much still Colin_T for helping me through this process.

sorry to hear he died. :(

it's a pity they don't just die quickly to save all the hassle of trying to keep them alive. just have a little flag saying don't treat, will die anyway.

it's bloody frustrating when they start to get better then relapse.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back