Malachite green or Methylene blue??

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

pcam86

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
can anyone help me out because i've had white spot in my tank and its not going! I'm currently using a Malachite green product which doesn't seem to be doing anything.

I've just heard that Methylene blue is a good non-toxic product to use compared to malachite green products.

Can anyone give any info on this!? :D

i guess i should get the methylene blue especially as i've now got fry in the tank.

Methylene Blue( zinc free ) 100% Can be used to increase oxygen in water. But other then that it has been prove to be of little value in fish tanks. Dosage: 24 grams makes 1 pint. Then use 1 drop per gallon of water. (Don't expect much form this chemical and you won't be disappointed)

Then another site says the opposite.
Methylene Blue
Treats superficial fungal infections of fish. Helps prevent fungal infections on fish eggs; effective against superficial fungal infections. Treats ich. May adversly affect the biological system; quarantine and treat sick fish when possible. Use as an alternative to Malachite Green for the control of fungus when it is known that the fish to be treated are sensitive.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back