Madagascar Lace...

Magnum Man

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
I'm certainly not ready for this... yet... but I'm looking at it as something to strive for... anyone here had good success with it??? & what did it take to get there???

Good substrate, water flow, adequate lighting and at the time I had three of them (with one flowering) I was using CO2 and dry fertilizers. They are pretty demanding and if you don't fill their needs you can blink and they will go dormant/die. Also if you have plecos, they love to rasp on the apano bulbs and destroy them.

At one time I had a 75 gallon set up with eco complete substrate, CO2 with daily dosing of fertilizers and a variety of aponogetons that I was able to flower and propagate. I had a Finnex 24-7 plant light on the tank. That tank had some other plant including anubias that were also flowering on a regular basis.

When I moved I took down the CO2 and never set it up again. I don't think I would do it again as I had too many "ooppsies" that resulted in fish deaths due to overdose or timer failure. Also it's a lot harder to find places to refill CO2 tanks after COVID lockdown.

thanks for the post... I've been reading several articles... sound like there are some not intuitive things that involve growing them...

like a lot of info on the www about aquariums there is a fair amount of varying methods out there... reading this article right now...

I have a pretty big CO2 generator tank, that I have yet to set up ( working out my water issues 1st )

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back