Lots of Pandas

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Rhysp87

Reaction score
Set up my first (50g) tank in October, bought 7 Panda Cories (as well as 4 guppies and 11 neon tetra). At last count I now have at least 23. Other than being slightly worried the tank is going to become overstocked, it's great to see so many of them wiggling along the bottom. Not sure how much success others usually get with allowing them to just breed in a community tank with no intervention but I feel slightly smug about the success 😁
20240310_173536.jpg

The little ones are so adorable! I love pandas but sadly haven't had any breeding success with mine, congratulations!

Maybe you're LFS will take them off your hands in return for store credit to offset your wet pets supply needs.

You should feel good about that. You're doing things right there.

The little ones are so adorable! I love pandas but sadly haven't had any breeding success with mine, congratulations!
The little one really are! It'll be interesting to see what the tank is like when they're all fully grown. I haven't moved into live plants yet but had some little tufts of fake grass "planted" for a while and that seemed to be where the fry were escaping to in order to hide. I've removed that now to try and slow things down. Perhaps you could try something like that if you're hoping for some success?
Maybe you're LFS will take them off your hands in return for store credit to offset your wet pets supply needs.
Yeah I think that's my backup plan if it all gets too much. Right now though I'm slowly trying to convince friends that they really want to get into fish keeping ;)

The little one really are! It'll be interesting to see what the tank is like when they're all fully grown. I haven't moved into live plants yet but had some little tufts of fake grass "planted" for a while and that seemed to be where the fry were escaping to in order to hide. I've removed that now to try and slow things down. Perhaps you could try something like that if you're hoping for some success?

Yeah I think that's my backup plan if it all gets too much. Right now though I'm slowly trying to convince friends that they really want to get into fish keeping ;)
My tank is heavily planted, sadly I've lost a few cories through illness which I've treated and my pandas were more susceptible so I'm just glad the ones I've got left are seemingly okay!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back