Lotions & Posions Advice

punka

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I have recently been given a lovely 4 foot tank with some fish.
I have been looking around the net for water treatments and medications, but as there is so, so many available I am confused as to which ones to go for. for the right things.

What I would like to know from you guys is:

What water treatments & medications (just incase) do I need, to keep the water & the fish healthy & happy?
Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Thank you.

I would suggest some "cycle" Made by Hagen. Other then that just do you weekly h2o changes and gravel cleaning. I wouldnt buy any medication before hand. Just because you never know what your gonna need. If your close to a Fish store i would just get it when i need it. Other then that all should be good. Also welcome to the forums!!!!! :hi:

OOPPS i forgot.....Chlorine remover. Thats a must.

Hi there punka,

as for your question, i keep mainly the basics.

Water conditioner is a must. If you have to do a water change, its a neccessity, so you wouldnt want to be short. But as for meds, i keep two. One is for fungal treatments and white spot. And the other is for bacterial ailments. Other than that, if i need anything, ill go buy it as the lfs is on the same street as me! lol. Its always good to have something handy, especially if its on the weekend.

Hope i helped. Wait for some more replies and see what others do. Other than that, you could speek with your lfs and see what the best treatments available are.

Hi there,

I only keep water conditioner for water changes.

But, depending on what fish you have you could keep some salt as well....

Jo.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back