[Log] Breeding Honey Gouramis- Updated 25/2/09

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Tortea

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi All,

Last night i took them out of my main tank, one male Honey and a grey female, who had been displaying breeding colours, for about 2 weeks now. The female from a top view looks massive, really egg laden, so i moved them to a breeding tank. Whith two littler tanks ready when the point comes to remove the female, and then the male. Disaster when i was moving them though , the female manged to jump out the net onto the table, flopping around couldn't catch her, managed to push it back into the net though, with a book and a big net, just. :X

Right they are in the breeding tank together, the male started building a bubble nest, but needs a little more practice because most of his bubbles seem to pop, a few stay though, they were dancing around the tank earlier, but now they are hiding in the java moss, but just looking round now, the male is building again, the famale seems just to be relaxing now.

No Breeding Colours :shifty:
dscf0465g.jpg

dscf0710z.jpg

dscf0708j.jpg

dscf0448.jpg

dscf0443p.jpg

dscf0711.jpg

Will Update.

21/2/09

Tortea

More Pictures

Slight Colour :rolleyes:

dscf0713l.jpg

dscf0712i.jpg

dscf0714h.jpg

Very prominent Colours :drool:
dscf0745.jpg

dscf0744w.jpg

dscf0743.jpg

dscf0741v.jpg

dscf0740j.jpg

dscf0746i.jpg

beautiful photos. I am thinking of getting dwarf honey gouramis for a community tank later in the yr....any ideas if that would work?
thanks x

can you make those pictures physically any larger? :crazy:

Well if you really want.....

If you don't want to load them, press the X at the top of your URL bar, after a few secs, then they won't load.

beautiful photos. I am thinking of getting dwarf honey gouramis for a community tank later in the yr....any ideas if that would work?
thanks x

How big is the tank?

what other fish?

Ill have a few spare here, if you want some.

Good luck with them, Tortea. :) I hope to be following their progress soon.

Have you bred them before? Have you done anything special to condition them? :unsure:

Good luck with them, Tortea. :) I hope to be following their progress soon.

Have you bred them before? Have you done anything special to condition them? :unsure:

No but i did a lot of research on them and no just fed them naturally . :blink:

Bubble Nests With Yellow Eggs (6-8 after spawning)
DSCF0752.jpg

DSCF0751.jpg

DSCF0750.jpg

DSCF0748.jpg

DSCF0747.jpg

Black Eggs. (20-22 Hours after spawning)
DSCF0756.jpg

DSCF0755.jpg

DSCF0754.jpg

DSCF0753.jpg

Swimming Fry With Yolk Sacs! (30 Hours After Spawning)
DSCF0761.jpg

DSCF0757.jpg

DSCF0760.jpg

Fry are at the top of the tank now, developing their labyrinth organ. Java Moss in the tank for a good source of infrusia and will start to make green water today!

A few are stuck onto the live plants.

Over 200 of the little fry!.

New Update:

New pictures, No visble changes to the eye, but if you zoom in, (Hold Ctrl and use the wheel on your mouse (for PC users) or use multi-touch for mac.) you can see, eyes and some bubble like things around the fry and spine, you can also see the yolk sac.

More Fry Pics. First One is the Best!
DSCF0767.jpg

DSCF0771.jpg

DSCF0770.jpg

DSCF0768.jpg

Today, they are responding to their environment, so when i come near, off they go. So No good Pics Today

Congratulations! Good shot of the fry.

I love honey gouramis. A male in breeding colors is wonderful to look at.

Great job!

Update:

Approx 200-300 fry!

Al at the top of the tank,

Have about doubled in size,

Fry about 5days old from spawning.

will add pics soon

Tortea

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back