Lilacamy's Corydoras Log

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

lilacamy931

Starting again
Reaction score
Hey guys
I thought it time to create a log so I can update when things happen and not create random threads all over the place (sorry if its a pain!). I have really got into cories and decided to go into them in a big way, get used to different breeds and personalities. So the following cories I currently have are:

6 Caudimaculatus - Added 24 October 2009 - These were a real surprise and had me panicking with loads of unexpected eggs the next day. None of the fry survived but hope to get more from these. They are reasonably large cories (for me!) and really gorgeous markings, full grown.
4040847084_1cd0b07061_m.jpg

10 Gold Peru Stripes - Added 20 November 2009 - These are fairly grown but still maturing (I think :blink: ). Hope to breed these successfully with the caudimaculatus when the right tanks become available.
4120531822_ecf23744cd_m.jpg

6 Pygmy - Added 12 November 2009 - They have been breeding machines right up until christmas. I have had many mistakes with the fry though but hope to improve dramatically when and if they decide to do it again.
4231342440_76f995d9b8_m.jpg

8 Panda - Added today! - They are gorgeous and really are like little puppies, I fell in love with this sometime last year but got tied up in other cories, decided as I got let out of work early today why not? Very gorgeous, letting them settle at the moment
4251855102_d3850989e4_m.jpg

Plans: Plan to get one last cory specie, there are many I like including schwartz, other stripes and especially sodalis. Watch this space to see what happens ;) Hope to start breeding with the lines I do have in the near future as tanks become available. I have gone a bit cory mad but they really are something else.

Fry:
1 pygmy fry - Born on 23 November 2009 - 6 weeks old. Perfect replica of its parents, just not in colouration. The only one to have survived, will give a good couple of weeks more before adding with the parents
4231352686_f1c92d8623_m.jpg

2 suspected caudimaculatus fry - born on 19 December 2009 - 2.5 weeks. One is growing stronger and faster than the other, but guess that is the natural order of things ;)
4248653205_67769ff663.jpg

I have had many mistakes and learning curves with fry (especially from the pygmies) having around 30 at one point and now one, but have had some great instruction and help and hope to do far better with hopeful future batches.

:thanks: :friends: A great big thank you to everyone on here for supporting and giving great advice with all my cories, especially the fry aspects. Really appreciate it everyone, you have all been terrific x

You got them wee pandas then :wub: :good:

Good luck with all your corys,i'm sure you will have loads of fry before long :)

Thanks so much guys. Let us know what you get MOW4T! Be interested to hear :good: Thanks betta_246! xx Thanks Harlequins - they are about the size of my pygmies if not smaller currently wwaaaaayy too cute. You egged me on :lol:

Thanks so much guys. Let us know what you get MOW4T! Be interested to hear :good: Thanks betta_246! xx Thanks Harlequins - they are about the size of my pygmies if not smaller currently wwaaaaayy too cute. You egged me on :lol:
Has if i would...!! :hey: :lol: gosh they must be weeny then,bless! :)

Where's mine?? :fun:

good luck when my 30 gallon is all finaly set up i will start a log like this right now my corys are in a 15 gallon chilling out for the big up grade

I love reading other peoples logs, I keep a paper one but thought good idea to have a continuous post perhaps rather than random threads I start! Look forward to seeing the upgrade hughessomefish :good:

Lol wellll...there were 4 left at the store bit of a way for them to get to you though :lol:

Well the panda cories are settling in well, have some nice new pictures to upload tonight of much better quality ( i hope).

Really gutted found my prize lone pugmy cory dead this morning. Really unsure why and really gutted as was hoping he would be my first fry into adulthood. He has been feeding well as far as knew (hard to tell as none of my pygmy eat in front of me, have to deduct what is left over the next day). Water parameters were perfect and water crystal. One thing that may have happened, one of the cats managed to get to him for a drink and he may have died of shock from giant paw and face in close proximity...

Will double my efforts for the two fry believed to be caudimaculatus. They are in a giant net in the main tank of their parents. They were doing fine this morning, here is hoping they make it.

Going to rearrange the tank and condition and hopefully attempt to get them breeding again (though wondering does this super cold weather not help? I know cories like cooler temps to breed but could it be far too cold and pressurised?)

I'm glad your pandas are doing well,can't wait for pics :)

Sorry to hear about your wee pygmy fry :rip:

And good luck with your caudimaculatus fry and with future spawnings :good: ,i think when doing the waterchanges make plenty of splashing movement when refilling,this re-enacts the thought that its raining,has some corys tend to spawn when its the rainy season,(although i may be wrong :lol: )mixture of plenty of good food,live,frozen & dried foods to get them in good condition :good:

I'm no expert on trying this out has my trilineatus seem to spawn with little help from me :rolleyes:

Most reactions

Back