Lighting size question

Rocky998

Kinda crazy, but somehow they let me stay
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
So the new tank I'm getting is 36" long... I'd want to get a new light and upgrade from the one I have now bur I'm debating on the size...
Right now I have a 24" hygger sunrise/sunset LED light and I'm wondering if I can use that for a good amount of time (probably more than a month) on a 36" aquarium. I honestly think it will do pretty well but I just wanted opinions on it lol.
When I DO upgrade the light, I'm thinking of just doing a 30" light. It would be concentrated on the center and then diffuse around the edges which would be a pretty cool affect imo.
Or I could do a 36" light (definitely more expensive) and have the classic fully lit aquarium, which would also look really nice!

I'm thinking of using the Nicrew brand if I upgrade as I've heard really good things about them...

So the new tank I'm getting is 36" long... I'd want to get a new light and upgrade from the one I have now bur I'm debating on the size...
Right now I have a 24" hygger sunrise/sunset LED light and I'm wondering if I can use that for a good amount of time (probably more than a month) on a 36" aquarium. I honestly think it will do pretty well but I just wanted opinions on it lol.
When I DO upgrade the light, I'm thinking of just doing a 30" light. It would be concentrated on the center and then diffuse around the edges which would be a pretty cool affect imo.quire
Or I could do a 36" light (definitely more expensive) and have the classic fully lit aquarium, which would also look really nice!

I'm thinking of using the Nicrew brand if I upgrade as I've heard really good things about them...
Hello. I use NICREW LED lighting. It's not too expensive and the light lasts a long time. Should work fine for a shorter tank as long as you keep to the plants that only require low to moderate light.

10 Tanks (Now 11)

Hello. I use NICREW LED lighting. It's not too expensive and the light lasts a long time. Should work fine for a shorter tank as long as you keep to the plants that only require low to moderate light.

10 Tanks (Now 11)
Awesome! Thanks!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back