Leveling Question

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Hamsnacks

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello,

Just finished setting up a 120 Gallon tank, when completely full I realized the Right side was full to the Rim but the left side was about 0.5-0.75 inches lower.
Should I just leave it as is? Or to be safe I should level it. If I want to level it, do I lift the tank itself of the actual stand.

I'm assuming the stand, so would I lift it from the right side (full side) so the water would drain down to the left side? Also I plan on using furniture wedges, maybe 1 on each corner and one in the middle of the right side (depth wise). Would that be good enough?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Took a better measurement, the difference on the corners of each side is 10mm. I'm going to try a wooden wedge tomorrow, hopefully it'll get under the stand. But I want to think it should be safe at 10mm if the wedge doesn't go under right? The tank is in great shape.

Don't adjust the tank or stand while it has water in or you could crack the base.

Empty the tank and use a spirit level if you can. If you don't have a spirit level you can use a glass or container of water and have it sit on the stand. If the water is level in the glass then you good to go.

If you have to raise one side of the stand, use blocks of wood (rectangular shaped) so they fit under the entire base of the stand's legs. Make sure the stand stays square when doing this. If the stand gets twisted out of shape and is no longer square, you can crack the tank. To test the stand after putting some spacer blocks under the feet, put the tank on the stand without polystyrene foam and see if the tank sits level and doesn't rock. If everything is good, then put the polystyrene on the stand under the tank and fill the tank up. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back