Lets See Some Of Your Goldfish Tanks And Goldfish

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Thats a great looking tank! What size tank is it?

I have 4 shubs Joker (rescue from ickle tank), Shubu, Jasper & Bruiser
1 veiltail oranda Natsumi, my pride and Joy, 1 gold ryukin Magnum, calico oranda Stonewash, 2 very small baby orandas Dotty (dalmation spots) and Tallullah (white with Orange face and black spots) and 1 gold oranda that was supposed to be a chocolate oranda but went totally gold called Coco, then there is wee Charlie a white and gold telescopic oranda with a wee gomy dorsal fin.

Also have 2 Dojo Loaches one Tojo regular one and Mojo the golden one.

2 Apple snails and a school of long finned danios ( I know their tropical but they are thriving and even without a heater in the tank the temp stays regular and high enough to support tropical)

By default ended up with 2 "yellow-finned black spot gobys" that the LFs guy couldnt seperate from the danios so got them for nowt and altho shy they are thriving too.

tojoandmojomarch06003.jpg

coldwater007.jpg

this is an old pic unfortunately camera is playing up so cant get decent one of them all. Unfortunately the black moor, red cap and sarassa comet fell foul to an internal prob brought in by a new fish a while back. But the rest are grand now.

Will have a pond this year for the Shubs so the orandas will have much more space soon!

Natsumioct05.jpg

Natsumi the best bargain we've had! £6.50! I love her.

Hi jub

Just a quick question, how is your onion plant doing? tired one in my cold tank but it didnt last. Has yours lasted or did it wither and die.

Nice tank BTW.

Hi jub

Just a quick question, how is your onion plant doing? tired one in my cold tank but it didnt last. Has yours lasted or did it wither and die.

Nice tank BTW.

Ours are doing great they have grown right up the tank and are streaming over the surfave of the tank like big Hairy algae covered ribbons the fish love it! Got them in all of our tanks and have to say found them to be the most hardy plants around. to the point of having to trim them in the tropical tanks cause they grow so well!

Thank you re the tank have to pass the credit to Mick he does all aquascaping I just got the shop and say "want that one" :D

Jud, out of curiosity, what size tank do Dojo loaches need? I have been dying to get a pair for a long time, but found very mixed opinions on tank size on the web.

To be honest with you I am not entirely sure as Mick normally just tells me what I can have and limits my fish stocking! He's at work just now so I will ask him when he comes back.

A friend of mine kept one in a rather small hex tank prob about 20l and it was absolutely fine altho she didnt have much cover for it so it tended to bully the other fish a bit!

Altho the smallest tank we've had one in was a 95l I would just be wary that they have enough space for when they go a bit daft and skite about. Make sure its reasonabley deep as they are jumpers! Tojo jumped the tank and was lost under a dressing table for 15mins but he did survive! and Mojo jumped out of the bag just as the (V.Stupid) worker at the LFS had cought him! Most folk I have spoke to that have kept them have had one jump the tank at some point!

xox

Okay, here are mine:

This is Goldie. He's a little over 3 years old:
IMG_1619.JPG

Here is Ghostie, same age as Goldie, yet a lot smaller for some reason:

IMG_1609.JPG

In this pic, you can see the dif in size. Goldie is about 4" in body:

IMG_1616.JPG

This is one of our new fancies, Spots. He's barely an inch in body:

IMG_1647.JPG

Another new fancy, Sunny:

IMG_1642.JPG

One last one, because I like it the best. Goldie and Ghostie have been tank mates for life, and you will very often see them smooshed together just like this:

IMG_1621.JPG

Thanks for lettting me share!

Lisa

Here's some updated shots of my goldies. :D

fightin.jpg

TangaloorFirefins.jpg

((Quick Q - are those little white bumps on his gill plates those "breeding tubercles" I keep hearing about?))

goldies.jpg

hi
i just wanted to comment on judmacaroni's tank.
not only is it fantastic looking,but it has inspired me
to look into keeping cold water fish,
do many other members here keep cold water fish?
there didn't seem to be many pictures.
well id better go introduce myself.
keep up the good work !!
xx

during my power outage for 3 days, i lost both of my goldfish!

Here's some updated shots of my goldies. :D

goldies.jpg

RandomWiktor the scaling on this fish is absolutely amazing, I am so very impressed! Keep up the good work.

during my power outage for 3 days, i lost both of my goldfish!

Sorry to hear about your loss Dean, I'm surprised though that they didn't make it through the power outage. Normally these fellas can tolerate a couple of days or even a long time in stagnant water.

ephiedoodle, just to answer you question about other members keeping cold water fish! I don't think that a lot of members keep cold water fish. Maybe at the beginning they get a goldfish, but when they get further into the hobby they give up the goldfish for the more exciting and flashy tropical species. I am aware that the bacterial filtration works better in tropical tanks and that the fish don't produce as much waste, so if anything keeping cold water species is more time consuming than tropical. I am also of the opinion that some people on this forum see goldfish as a novice fish, not a fish and even as "a different type of pet" maybe "other pets" perhaps! This bugs me, but this argument has been raised a number of times and has failed so it wont be started again.

Personally I think goldfish are great and as long as I am in this hobby I will keep at least two of my tanks given over specifically to them.

Most reactions

Back