Lets Help Newcomers!

i was told that you can make a molly switch to freshwater by gradually addign salt.
Don't add freshwater fish to marine aquariums!

i was told that you can make a molly switch to freshwater by gradually addign salt.
Don't add freshwater fish to marine aquariums!
Yeah, true. I guess mollys, sail-fins, guppys, and platys are kinda in the middle :p

Today I once again got bitten by my hungry betta- ow!

As someone said before, cherry shrimp are expensive snacks- it's not your ammonia thats killin' them of! :lol:

When feeding flake,you dont need to add a spoonful of food, a pinch of it is enough lol :lol:

Im sure someone has already said this, but...

Don't leave your heater on when doing a water change!
I thought i would be OK becuase the outlet of my filter nicely flows onto the heater so i left it on (new tank, new set-up) and low and behold, my heater shattered!!! i just hope i got all the glass out :angry:

Im sure someone has already said this, but...

Don't leave your heater on when doing a water change!
I thought i would be OK becuase the outlet of my filter nicely flows onto the heater so i left it on (new tank, new set-up) and low and behold, my heater shattered!!! i just hope i got all the glass out :angry:
Thats a good one, when it happened to me I was pi*sed off :shout:

but most of all wear sunscreen :lol:

LOL That song rules! :D

Don't leave your gravel vac with siphon unstarted hanging over the edge of the tank when your 10 month old daughter's around. She can and will start a siphon going by sucking on the end of the tubing, and get a rather nasty shock! (Bless - you should've seen her face as she got not only a mouthful of tank water, but then a shower as well, before the ultimate humiliation of being laughed at by mummy! :lol: :blush: :rolleyes: )

Don't leave your gravel vac with siphon unstarted hanging over the edge of the tank when your 10 month old daughter's around. She can and will start a siphon going by sucking on the end of the tubing, and get a rather nasty shock! (Bless - you should've seen her face as she got not only a mouthful of tank water, but then a shower as well, before the ultimate humiliation of being laughed at by mummy! :lol: :blush: :rolleyes: )

awwww bless the wee mite

I have an embarrassing one to add...

Last night, whilst tweaking with my new 305 i thought i would check the tubing was properly pushed into the 'aquavalve' (where the tubing meets the canister) so i turned the filter off, set the adjustable flow to minimum and thought 'if i yank the pipe off now, the only water that will come out is what is in the piping'...
Well i yanked it off with a little mug to hold the expected water. Somewhere down the line i forgot the other end of the tube was under water and therefore the entire contents (exaggeration...) of the tank soon over flowed from my mug and soaked me…

LOL nice funny story

A few days ago my betta almost died because my mom un-plugged the heater :( :( :angry:

great fun thread! I am a newbie-no advice except, don't assume that you can adjust the spray arm of the trickle filter without turning off the pump-it makes one hell of a mess up the walls when it comes out of the elbow and doesn't save ANY time! :shout: :rolleyes:

lol just commited a stupid mistake, was doing a WC and I forgot to turn of heater, now the heater is above water level and I've turned it off. Had I not realised this, all my fish would have died :-(

Most reactions

Back