Leicestershire Anyone?

Anyone on here ever collect their own wood from anywhere in Leicestershire? I am going to Bradgate Park today and with the stream running through it I thought it would be ideal to collect wood from but I was wondering if anyone knew anywhere else locally that would be good???

Anyone on here ever collect their own wood from anywhere in Leicestershire? I am going to Bradgate Park today and with the stream running through it I thought it would be ideal to collect wood from but I was wondering if anyone knew anywhere else locally that would be good???

I'd like to know where also, and is it safe to use wood from a river in a tropical tank? Guess it would be after boiling it etc?

Saves on the #41#### prices of Redmoor wood :crazy:

Just round the corner then.

Luckily there are a few fish stores local to me.

I use the A5 Aquatics a fair bit although at times they are expensive there is a few very good staff there who cannot help enough.
Another good one is Dobbies in Atherstone.
Deep blue in Hinckley is ok too but with limited stock.
For all my plastic plants and water treatments I use Pingles Pets in Stapleton they also have limited fish stocks just have to be careful with their staff as they either tend to be teenagers or not have a clue about how to catch fish carefully.

Just round the corner then.

Luckily there are a few fish stores local to me.

I use the A5 Aquatics a fair bit although at times they are expensive there is a few very good staff there who cannot help enough.
Another good one is Dobbies in Atherstone.
Deep blue in Hinckley is ok too but with limited stock.
For all my plastic plants and water treatments I use Pingles Pets in Stapleton they also have limited fish stocks just have to be careful with their staff as they either tend to be teenagers or not have a clue about how to catch fish carefully.
i find A5 to be very expensive and very small fish too, ive been dobbies a few times and it doesnt seem too bad. deep blue i cant believe thats still running, after the new owners took over the stock seemed very poor and limited.
never been into pingles but driven past loads of times, i didnt even know they did fish :unsure: next time im passing ill nip in....

I bought some the other day from welford road (Leicester) fish shop, couple of quid for some really nice bits :)

I went in there today and noticed they have some really good bits of wood in there but I want some rooty wood, like Redmoor style. I know there are pieces out there but just want to make sure they are safe really before I start using them in the tank.

I live 2mins round the corner from this "deep blue" ... I've never been, I should go check it out, need to get my hands on 25kg bag of black fine gravel tomorrow and A5 seem to be the best at £28.

This deep blue got poor reviews then?

I live 2mins round the corner from this "deep blue" ... I've never been, I should go check it out, need to get my hands on 25kg bag of black fine gravel tomorrow and A5 seem to be the best at £28.

it use to be owned by 2 people that were more into marines. they talked the talk but spoke in riddles leaving most people more confused than before they went in for advice :blink:

it was taken over by new people within the last year and ive only been in twice while passing and the stock level was low and pretty much very average fish. saying that it was a while ago so if you do go please let me know what its like as im in or nearby to hinckley quite often.

I bought some the other day from welford road (Leicester) fish shop, couple of quid for some really nice bits :)

I went in there today and noticed they have some really good bits of wood in there but I want some rooty wood, like Redmoor style. I know there are pieces out there but just want to make sure they are safe really before I start using them in the tank.

Ah ok, I'm not too sure then!?

If you soak the wood for 48 hours should be ok though?!

it use to be owned by 2 people that were more into marines. they talked the talk but spoke in riddles leaving most people more confused than before they went in for advice :blink:

it was taken over by new people within the last year and ive only been in twice while passing and the stock level was low and pretty much very average fish. saying that it was a while ago so if you do go please let me know what its like as im in or nearby to hinckley quite often.

I "think" it's been taken over by new people in the last month - three months? I got a letter saying "Come and have a look round, grab a coffee, and have a chat about tropical fish" etc etc...

I was meant to go check it out today but forgot! I'll nip in tomorrow :good:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back