Led Lights For Goldfish Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

twintanks

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
The fluorescent tube in the lid of my goldfish tank (39x15 inches) is showing signs of gradually packing up, so I expect to have to get a replacement soon. However...I've never been too happy about the flash-bang way these lights start up, the fish must reckon it's a lightning storm and I'm sure my old 'un doesn't like it very much. My two new young weather-loaches always look startled.
I only have a few Elodea plants in it, the rest are artificial plants. Have considered these new LEDs but I don't know whether they will fit my tank-lid...it seems only geared for fluorescent tubes (with the circular pads at either end plus the slide-along circular collars that screw over the endpads). My tank was unbranded when I bought it seven years ago; but I also have a smaller tank with the same style lid and that's got Interpet on the side-label.
Are these lights "gentle" switch-on", in general? Might I have to get a new tank-lid, to hold LED fittings? (I need the lid because of the loaches, they jump). Or, would the new underwater-type lights provide enough illumination for general feeding and activity?

Lights are more for you not the fish.
Plants need light also but fish dont

OK...so if the fish don't need light, can someone recommend a good torch to help with general internal maintenance?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back