Leak?!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

hoarp001

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi, this is more of a tank emergency, as it has no fish in it yet.

I got a fluval duo 1000 from ebay, about a year old. In good condition and with its cabinet. I set it up together with the fluval 204 and 304 external filters. All was fine until I came down this morning to find a puddle on the floor. Its odd becasue teh corners are dry on the tank, the edges are all dry and its dry along the back. the cabinet is dry on the underside of the top surface and i put theh two filters in big plastic buckets to catch any runnnoff (if there was any) and the buckets were bone dry.

The only possible things I can think of are evaporation and the outlet pipes. I put the heater in but did not realise it was set on 90deggrees so this morning the water was v ery warm. I suppose the water could have evaporated and condensed in the hood, then dribbled down the back.

My second thought is that the outlet pipes from the filters. they are a tiny bit too small for the glass and a more or less wedged onto the edge of the tank. they have a little plastic cap ontop of the nozzles and i suppose that the pressure from being wedged on could open this gap up a bit and allow s ome water out.

I have turned everything off and i have marked the water level and im going to let it sit for abit to see if the level goes down.

any ideas why this could be happening?

I would ask this question in the equipment part of the forum you will get more replys, good luck.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back