Landscape architects required

Lynnzer

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Having completed rebuilds of my other tanks, I have a 28ltr one left over that needs a do-over.
This is the one I first got when I started the hobby, and kept sticklebacks in it to start off. just to amuse my 5 year old grandson.
Things have rolled on since then. So right now I have given the tank a thorough clean, added a layer of stone chippings on the bottom of around 3/4 inch depth. On top of that I have a net bag of Tropical river soil which is around 3/8ths of an inch deep, then about an inch of fine sand.

I intend to get myself some Erythromicron and some Chilli Rasbora.
Perhaps 10 of each, or maybe half a dozen if I think the bio-load will be too heavy.

So, ideas on what to plant please? I will probably put a bit of wood in the middle that I salvaged from the hedgerow which was very dry and dense, de-barked and is in the process of being soaked to detoxify any remaining sap or other stuff in it. I just love the shape.

So, apart from that, it's a clean sheet guys. Of course, I'll have a heater and small corner filter at the rear.

Go for it, and damn the expense.....
s-l1600[1].jpg
Rasbora_mosquito_2[1].jpg
IMG_20220315_093537.jpg
IMG_20220315_100023.jpg

Now, got to shoot off as I have just got a delivery of a white-worm culture.

I agree with @Byron.
The tank space will not be enough for 2 groups of fish.
Get one group of Boraras Brigittae(Chili Rasboras).

You can probably add some Cherry shrimps.

For plants, usually I like fast growing plants such as Anacharis Elodea or Hornworts.
You can keep them floating on top to create a mini jungle for the fish and shrimps to hide.

Other plants that are easy to keep but grow slowing are Anubias Nana and Java Ferns.

Most reactions

Back