L66 Scribble Pleco - feeding

corymad

Reaction score
Hi

As I's given up trying to get a Zebra Pleco, I've just bought a Scribble Pleco (L66) - he/she is around 4 inches long including the tail. The shop I bought it from advised that its an algea eater and sold me Hikari Tropical Algea Wafers to feed him.

I've just been looking at Planet Catfish site and believe he should be fed on Carnivore food - help!

The guy in the shop said it was his own fish and he's had it for three months and it lived off algea.

It seems healthy enough and looks well fed.

If anyone out there has a Scribbled Pleco, I'd be grateful for your input into feeding or keeping the little guy happy.

Tank is 2 foot (temporary home) - waiting for 260 litres tank to complete cycling. Gravel bottom and bogwood in temporary, well established tank - sandy substrata and bogwood (lots of bogwood!) in 260 litre tank

Thanks for any help

:thumbs:

They do prefer more meatier foods, infact mine will only eat meatier foods. Try frozen bloodworm and sinking pellets and algae wafers and you should be fine, mine refuses the algae wafers but will readily take the sinking pellets and bloodworms

Hi Ryan

Thanks for the quick reply

Do you mean catfish tablets as sinking pellets? I've got some of those for my corys (King British)

If there are other more suitable tablets, can you please give their names and I'll pop out tomorrow and buy some

The King British sinking pellets for all catfish are great these are the pellets I use. But they still prefer their frozan bloodworm over all else. Feed before lights out as they are strictly nocturnal at first.

Thanks Ryan

Is it right that he'll only get to around 5 inches? (per Planet Catfish site)

If so, can I have a Zebra Pleco and a Scribble in the 260 litre (when fully cycled)

Thanks so much for your help

Yes 4-5" is right. Zebra Plec need to be in groups which is a shame for such an expensive fish so unless you can get 2-3 I would leave it and get some other Plecs like L134 or L177. The tank size is fine but I would make sure it is well established before you add them, they like soft acidic water with bogwood furnishing.

Thanks - will cross fingers Scribble settles in well and may get another Pleco as you suggested in due course. :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back