L shaped tanks

I had one of these. But was 200g total. I had hang on back power filters on each back. And a wet dry set up with the intake and out take on different ends. Also had twin 200watt heaters in it. The only prob I had was it is hard to grow live plants in the back conner. So I put a big rock there. So even come with inserts to make each one it's own tank. Well atleast mine did. Another problem I had was not matter what kind of fish I kept in it they all stayed in one tank or the other. I really wish alot I still had it. A few years ago I made one of them but never did trust it enought to fill it. lol

You might not get the best photos of this tank though . . . -_-

If you shoot the inside of the L, your photos are going to make what's inside slightly distorted, and if you shoot from a side, then you have to take the side of the L's as front faces that have to be aquascaped to make the tank look attractive that way . . . just some thoughts.

Hmm

my only thoughts are...
- you could fit a corner tank (quater circle shaped) inthe same space, and
- might be hard to see fish in the "corner" bit of it cos ofthe joined glass

i think the tank is wicked, i bet the fish will love it too...

another thing i was thinking about is, if you were going to use 2 poweheads..

have them both in the middle, facing opposite ways ..

like.. to the top and to the right (if that makes sense).. that probably would get lots of cyclage in both corners

leck85 said:
i think the tank is wicked, i bet the fish will love it too...

another thing i was thinking about is, if you were going to use 2 poweheads..

have them both in the middle, facing opposite ways ..

like.. to the top and to the right (if that makes sense).. that probably would get lots of cyclage in both corners
Thats the samething I waas thinking

thats a awsome tank!

for 50 pounds you should get it!

fill it with territorial fish so they each get their own little tank spot and see what hapens :devil:

nahbut seriouskly, get it!

Most reactions

Back