? Kribs

How big is your tank? If it's too small, then that might be why the male went after the female so viciously. If you've got 4, that could make it even worse. When you see 2 start to pair off, take the other 2 back. Then, after they spawn and the eggs hatch, move the parents or the fry to another tank if you want them to have a better chance. It took my kribs 3-4 spawnings before they didn't all die and even now, I've only got 3 fry out of probably 8 spawnings (though I haven't taken any pains to save them).

Thanks, Parker, good luck with this. I've been hoping someone else would give it a try on both the threads. :/

Ahhh, I haven't been around for a while, I missed that whole feeling of banging my head on a wall :fun:

So, in your other thread I just answered on, you were asking about rams and kribs.

What do you have and what do you want? If you have 4 kribs then NO on the rams. If you have 2 kribs, then YES on the rams but cautiously.

i now have 2 kribs and 3 rams and 4 gouramis they all are happy :)

thanks alot ;)

they all are happy

for now... -_- i'd still keep a close eye on the kribs. mine killed a lot of fish before i found them new homes. if you start having problems with violence, interrupting the courtship process by relocating one krib to a new tank for a few days might help. but don't count on being able to breed in the community tank without anyone getting hurt.

There not a breeding pair and they are very laided back .. all the tank is very calm

The best chance of breeding Kribs is with a big male and a small female usually. My new pair of Kribs are setting up nest after one day in the tank lol

My male is much bigger than my female and they dont even look at eachother ... what can i do to get them breeding?

You just said they were not a breeding pair and now you're asking how to get them breeding? I'm confused :crazy:

Most reactions

Back