Kribensis

kribensis12

I know where you live
Reaction score
I finally got a pair of kribs. I haven't kept them in ages. I bought a pair yesterday at a good fish shop about 2 hours away. THe only problem is, the pH they were in is 6.4. Ours is 8.4, so I did a drip acclimation for them. They were in a bucket for 9 hours, with 1/4 gallon of their water. By the time I added them to the new tank, there was 4 gallons of water in the bucket. They look great. The female is already displaying to the male. I will have pics up tonight or tomorrow. The computer is not uploading them yet. IM SO EXCITED!

Congratulations, I know how you feel, I added a female to my tank today with my male, I just couldnt for ages since he lost his partner, seeing her in the tank though just made me realise how huge my male is!!

Good luck with having any fry.

Thnak you! I am afriad the male may be having a problem. The female is super active, already trying to breed with her. Shaking her body, coloring up, and bending her sotmach in a "U" shape. The male is swimming around much. He even seems to be breathing heavier than normal. He hasn't made much of an effort to eat. I hope I don't lose him, he had some great red coloring in the store, and even has three eye spots on his tail. He is a beat of a fish. Tempted to say he is pushing 4 inches.

Here are some pics. My camera had a poor perfomance today! Here they are being acclimated. Look at the size difference!

001-34.jpg

Here is the female:

016-11.jpg

Here is the male:

015-15.jpg

Here are their caves:

020-10.jpg

021-7.jpg

022-7.jpg

The male seems to be doing a lot better. Swimming around more and paying for attention to food. I think he was just stressed! The female won't stop flirting with him!

Thats good news, fingers crossed with all those nice homes they raise a family.

Thank you! I have been looking for a breeding tube, and I think I see one starting to come from the female. It may just be my over active imagination. The female is absoluetly gorgeous

LOL the amount of times I have got all excited about a breeding tube which turns out to be just poop is silly lol

Agreed. But man, I have never had a female krib this flirty! All she does is flirt. When she eats, while I'm doing a water change, everything! The male just pushes her aside though. It's only a matter of time.

Here is a video. The female is a camera hog, and the male is the dark shadow in fron of the clay pot:

Blimey her colour is fantastic! sure looks like she is ready.

Most reactions

Back