Kribensis Breeding?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Guppi32011

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey guys, just bought 3 kribs today. I think i have 1 male and 2 females as the male looking one is level all across his abdomen, the two female looking ones have a larger belly and have a cherry pink spot one more so than the other. I was wondering whether firstly they seem male and female (post pics later) and finally whether they will breed. Hope so!

The males dorsal fin usually ends with a sharp points. It does sound like you do in fact have 1 male and 2 females. Keep them well fed and regular water changes and you shouldn't have a problem breeding them. I have bred them a good few times, with very little troubles. I used terra cotta pots for their breeding caves, I would put them in vertical and horizontal and would put a piece of slate across the enterance, so there is just a small opening into the pot. Are they just in by themeselves.

The males dorsal fin usually ends with a sharp points. It does sound like you do in fact have 1 male and 2 females. Keep them well fed and regular water changes and you shouldn't have a problem breeding them. I have bred them a good few times, with very little troubles. I used terra cotta pots for their breeding caves, I would put them in vertical and horizontal and would put a piece of slate across the enterance, so there is just a small opening into the pot. Are they just in by themeselves.
Hiya, i bought a log with three entrances to it. It is really good, perfect for them. I also have a sort of resin made coral rock with lots of holes. They have been checking the log out. They are with platys, guppies, zebras and 3 gouramis.

What is the size of the tank? They shouldn't have any trouble paring off, but if they do the others in the tank will have the troubles. Kribs are crazy when they are protecting their fry.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back