Kitty Food Questions!

NearMeBettas

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I might be getting a kitten soon for my grandparents.

Question for you cat owners, what do you feed your fluff balls? I would like to get on track by starting with a good feed brand and any supplements needed!

In the USA.

Last edited:
Can you tell us which country your grandparents live in so members can recommend food, please.

Question for you cat owners, what do you feed your fluff balls? I would like to get on track by starting with a good feed brand and any supplements needed!
Hello Near. We have seven cats. They get a combination of two dry foods. The best we've found in our almost 40 years of keeping cats is Hill's Science Diet and N&D Ocean from Farmina Pet Foods. We feed a little canned too. We've found the canned foods from Purina a good brand.

10 Tanks (Now 11)

Hello Near. We have seven cats. They get a combination of two dry foods. The best we've found in our almost 40 years of keeping cats is Hill's Science Diet and N&D Ocean from Farmina Pet Foods. We feed a little canned too. We've found the canned foods from Purina a good brand.

10 Tanks (Now 11)
Check the salt (sodium) content of any dry food. A number of pet food manufacturers loaded their dog and cat biscuits with salt and caused a lot of animals to die from kidney failure. It might not be an issue where you are, but the Hills Science diet and a few other products sold by vets in Australia are made in the USA.

Do your grandparents know they are getting a cat?
Do they want a cat?
Are they able to take care of a cat for possible the next 20 years?

I fed my fluff balls to the :werewolf:
that's meant to be a scary werewolf but the mods wouldn't let us have a scary werewolf so we got an ewok instead.

10 Tanks (Now 11)
I will check them out, thanks!

I always feed our cats a high quality diet for the first year (depending on breed, we usually have moggies) then after that, when they're grown, we switch them to a cheaper food i.e wellbeloved, harringtons.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back