Kind Of A Fish Topic Kind Of Not Idk

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

peachlids

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i don't know if anyone has experienced this because its quite a specific situation but in both 75g tanks FW tanks, and both 10g breeder / random tank reached levels of 7-9 for 3 weeks because of ammonia due to having EXCESSIVE :good: dogs(puppies) in the house that weren't being controlled.

aka my dog is full grown and crate train and the other 4 arent.

so it took us 2 days of airing out the house 6 cants of resolve pet remover+brush, we have a dyson vacuum cleaner, vacuum 3 times a day most days, with air ionizers and fans pulling air from the front of the house to the back to get the ammonia out.

luckily i have an open tank so mine dropped rather quickly and my fish, except for my guppies and platys and basically anything that wolud be eaten now in my tank, survived. my bf ehhh not so luck he didnt realize he needed to remove his hood fast enough and i rescued the texas green and a krib, which the krib later got devoured by my eel and the texas green is now sick :[

BUT :lol:

our ammonia stays down to under .05 and we have 4dog kennels and seriously degrading talks with our dogs.

Wow that is aweful.
I personally have 3 border collies in my house. I have a stud dog and have the visiting girls stay for up to a week, and babysit occasionally too. My dogs don't get full run of the house, so that helps. I am a true believer in kennels. A little time out never hurts anyone.

we have kennels, but we were/and are still having a problem with submissive peeing(just one dog now) we have completely resolved the issue now that we kicked out our crazy roommate and his huge #16##### great dane that like to pee like a horse, if it was mine i would have trained the dog completely different. but hey, what can you do when it isnt your dog. i even steamed the couch for 4 hours to fix what the dane had messed up.... ugh... its been a process but now things are so much better and i have absolutely no issues with any of my 5 tanks.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back