Juwel filter grid cover

Country joe

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi, when I eventually have fish, would like to have Green Neon Tetras and Glowlight Tetas that will be quite small would I have to have the Juwel filter cover.
Also I wanted to put a plant to help cover the filter cover, not the side where the small pipe expelling water is, but was told not to as is will block the grids, is this right.

The slits in the filter casing are too small for the fish you name. It's things like baby fish or shrimps, which are teeny tiny which could be sucked in. Use the filter grid by all means if it you are concerned.

If you have anything in front of the grills such as a plant leaf it will be sucked against the filter and block the water going in - like putting a plug in a bathful of water.

The slits in the filter casing are too small for the fish you name. It's things like baby fish or shrimps, which are teeny tiny which could be sucked in. Use the filter grid by all means if it you are concerned.

If you have anything in front of the grills such as a plant leaf it will be sucked against the filter and block the water going in - like putting a plug in a bathful of water.
Thankyou you saved me a bit of money.

Hi, when I eventually have fish, would like to have Green Neon Tetras and Glowlight Tetas that will be quite small would I have to have the Juwel filter cover.
Also I wanted to put a plant to help cover the filter cover, not the side where the small pipe expelling water is, but was told not to as is will block the grids, is this right.
you could put some plant in filtration,but you need to clean it oftenly in case it block the grids.But side filtration inside tank or filtration hang up outer tank, it is ok, not ugly.

Attachments

• 截屏2024-04-03 下午9.35.09.png
    截屏2024-04-03 下午9.35.09.png
    563.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 截屏2024-04-03 下午9.40.43.png
    截屏2024-04-03 下午9.40.43.png
    285.9 KB · Views: 0
Juwel tanks have a perfectly good built-in filter. And the lid would have to be cut to use any type of HOB filter, many people are unwilling to do this.

Most reactions

Back