Just Bought A Dalmatian Balloon Molly And Have Some Questions

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Blikk

Reaction score
First of all, my tank is cycled and the water parameters are just fine :). I used to have aquariums growing up and just recently decided to start up again.

So ive been doing a bit of research on the types of fish that can live in a community tank and the balloon molly really caught my eye.
I went to the local pet store and picked out this cute little Dalmatian balloon molly and brought (now I know its a female) her home.
After letting her sit or soak or what ever the process is called for an hour I let her out of the bag I got her in. For a good hour to 2 hours she was swimming up and down the side of the tank and just checking things out. Shortly after I found her sitting staring at the heater, just kind of hovering near the top of the tank.

Ive yet to see her eat ( I have a cory catfish, a sword tail and 2 other kinds of catfish I cant remember the name of) they have all eaten, but she just sits there staring at the heater. When I put my hand near the back of the tank near her she will kind of swim away but then comes back to the heater shortly after.

I did some reading online and from what ive read is shes possibly pregnant?
I had gotten her from petland, and went back there today to ask if they kept the males and females in the same tank and was told yes.

So now ive bought one of those breeder box things and have her sitting in there.

Just trying to confirm if she may be pregnant or not, its kind of hard to see the gravid spot being as she is all spotty.

PS try to provide pictures if needed!

Thanks in advance!!!

Most reactions

Back