Jim's 60 Gallon High-tech Planted Journal

Well B$%**y hell i think i am ready to go as you can see from the photo below i have added the non return valve to stop the water syphoning back into the sump - YIPPIE :D

It was a bit of a mission as i have been working like mad and not had alot of time, just wish i had done it in the first place :X

Well i am now ready to put the water in start planting, just got to add the gravel and go out and find some bits of wood etc

ABOUT TIME :D

Attachments

• Fish_tank_flow_diagram_001.jpg
    Fish_tank_flow_diagram_001.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 101
Just checked when this thred was started... April 23rd, and the water is just about to go in!! :rofl:

Life moves pretty fast, unless your called jimboliana and building an aquarium!

It will look lovely when it's going though, no plastic bottles with yeast in in your lounge!!

Congratulations mate. It may have taken a while but all the hard work and perfectionism will reward you with a flawless set-up with no need for hardware upgrading. It is one of the nicest set-ups I have seen and I for one envy you :nod:

Now for the hard bit ;)

Any decisions on hardscape yet?

gf225 said:
Congratulations mate. It may have taken a while but all the hard work and perfectionism will reward you with a flawless set-up with no need for hardware upgrading. It is one of the nicest set-ups I have seen and I for one envy you :nod:

[snapback]860100[/snapback]​

I'll second that!

I admire your patience and attention to detail.

Best of luck!

Thanks everyone, it does mean alot to hear that, yes it has been a while and i hope it is worth all the effort

As for hardscapes George, i will be going for a natural style look and not dutch, i was hoping to go for an island in the center but i may have to change this as i need to hide a couple of bits that are still in the tank, i will be adding some driftwood and have been reading up on the golden ratio of 1:618 and 'Tensile forces' in aquascaping of driftwood so it will prob take me another couple of months to sort that out, not

I will go for a few varietys of plants and try to keep it plan and simple yet effective

Will let you know soon

Jim

gf225 said:
for the hard bit ;)

Any decisions on hardscape yet?
[snapback]860100[/snapback]​

Probably the easy bit considering everything else

Best of luck with it im sure it will look great, enjoy...

nice get it all set up, in the time you have been setting up that one tank, i have managed to set up 3!!....hahahaha

so whos pick is that in your avatar, that is amazing, post up a bigger size pick please!!??

Looking forward to this m8, i like the island idea (thinking of doing my 60l like that,using slate rocks as hardscape)
What are you thinking of as a carpet plant?

What are you thinking of as a carpet plant?

Well i love Eleocharis acicularis (hairgrass) but i also like Echinodorus tenellus (pigmy chain sword plant) so i may mix both, im not really sure :/

so whos pick is that in your avatar, that is amazing, post up a bigger size pick please

Its a Ammo pic and the biggest one i have is below

I admire your patience and attention to detail

Thanks Iggy, i just hope the aquascaping is to the same standard :p

Attachments

• ga6.jpg
    ga6.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 84
thats a pretty cool picture, im diggin that kind of style, but i always recomed going with a black backround, it brings out the fish colors, especially if you have a lot of lush green plants (and i think yours will stay pretty darn lush green) they will glow and shine.....

good luck and post up some update picks!

jimboliana, I've been following this thread...all too high tech for me :) but the set up looks amazing. Can't wait to see some pics of when the plants and fish go in. Well done so far.

wow its been a while but no update?? :( i want to see some flix i had to chase this thread down, becuase i knew it would be a good update, i think , hopefuully!!??

Jimboliana!!!!

You must be the most patient guy in the whole wide world!!!!!!!!!!

I could never do what you are doing so SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

:crazy:

:p

Most reactions

Back