The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Dragonslair

Dragon.
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Hi
Can anybody point me in the right direction? I'm looking for some Java moss for my tank. I can't seem to purchase any. The local aquatic shops tell me they have them in their tank to keep their fry safe and they are not willing to part with any. Is there anywhere on line I can purchase them from?
:(

Depending when you order java-plants can take a few days to a week or longer to deliver.

Your in the UK. Cant help on that one. If you were in the states I could give you a list of places as big as your foot. Rose

:D Thanks William, adeyc for the info.Will try the on line site given. :) :)
P.S. Thanks Rose. (for replying)

Hi William
Went onto your recommended site. Excellent! Made an order for a few more plants then I had intended! I have a question for yourself or for the team. I have been looking for the ground covering plant as shown in the Juwal aquairum catalogue. I don't know what it's called. Can you help? Tried looking at all the plants in the java site,but it is not there. Can you advise? Thanks.

Hi Duncan
I haven't spoken to you before. Nice to meet you so to speak.
Do you know the plant that I am talking about? :hmm:

It might be ricca.  I'll see if I can find a pic of it.  Ricca is a floating plant but can be used as ground cover if it is held down by a hair net or something like that.  Rose

Is this it? This is Ricca.
amanoonricca.jpg

How about this one. It's called Pearl Grass but it when used as a foreground plant it gets cut real low so it'll look like grass.

varenr048A.jpg

narrow leaf pygmy chain sword?? (bottom right corner)

page32.jpg

I'm going to go do something else for a bit and maybe I can come up with some other stuff that those plants could be. I've fried my brain at the moment. I'll look some more later if I haven't found it yet. Rose

:thumbs: Hi Dragonslair, it might be hairgrass :eleocharis parvula: that you're looking for. I'm not as smart as Rose as far as pictures go but you could do a search on Java or Greenline. ;) Mac.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back