Jaguar Catfish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

meatball

Reaction score
i just bought a jaguar catfish, and i've read that eat will eat other fish. i've had it for about a week now, and i know it feasts during the night. i've watched this thing at night, and i never see it eat. is there anything out there that would really tempt his tastebuds, so i can watch this monster eat??

edit: and none of my other fish are missing.

Read your sig and you do know that the iredescent shark will also get too big. They reach 3 foot! I would take the acu back as when you put the net in to catch larger ones I would not chase them a lot because they will probably smash your tank to pieces. Just a word of warning

yea i know about the pacu's, i've heard they're known for breakin aquariums. i'll hopefully find a happy home sooner or later. and the shark, yea i know about that one too. seen them in the store about 8 inches. should have done some research before i bought them all. but anyhow, im worried about the catfish....any help there?

Jags reach roughly 10". What are you feeding at the moment? They are very nocturnal and most likely will know if you are watching. My Plecs never emerge when I am watching but one night at about two in the morning I shone a dim tourch in and caught them unaware, so it is possible he is feeding but you are unaware. :)

i havent been feeding it anything special. i throw some blackworms in there, every once in a while some flakes. and i have a ton of feeder fish in there, just in case one of the bigger fish would like to have them for dinner. but still nothing seems to be missing. is there any type of light i can use, that the jaguar wouldnt know it was on? yea i'll come out of my room and try to sneak up to the tank. he'll be swimming around, but as soon as i get too close, or turn that light on, bam, back into hiding.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back