Iwagumi Fluval Spec V Layout

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Rexxaroo

Reaction score
Hi all! New around here but not new to tanks or aquarium life.

I was recently re inspired after being gifted a beautiful betta by my boyfriend for V Day. I decided to break out the Spec V and get it up and running again.

I've seen tons of iwagumi layouts and have always adored them. I've kept planted tanks in the past but nothing nearly so intricate as an iwagumi.

I'm trying to keep this tank pretty low tech, but have settled on a few minor mods and going to be doing DIY CO2 injection as an initial experiment until I decide to bite the bullet and buy a pressurized system, so we will see.

So far I've filled in the bottom slit on the intake wall, added my own variety of filter media, and added some filter floss to the inner outflow tube to buffer flow for my betta. I've also replaced the stock lighting with a finnex fugeray I had for my old saltwater refugium.

I've currently got Fluval Stratum as a sub, and using some lovely stones and bonsai trunks on my layout. I plan to add a pale sand to the center later on but just playing for now.

I'd like some opinions on how I could change the layout, as the left side just seems off to me. I'm going for a cliffside/gorge type feel. I have one extra large stone I could use but haven't made a decision yet. Thoughts so far? And any other mods you think would be good? Pics attached
Cheers,
Rexx

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back