• Yes?

Votes: 1 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sub.42

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hiya Guys.

Having ongoing problems with my Juwel Rio 180 filter. Have just moved the tank temporarily, and put the original powerhead back onto the filter, instead of my Rena XP shoved down the uplift tube, with the help of Juwel Part No.: 85130 Rubber Power Head Socket .

I really need as much feedback as possible on this one, as Juwel insist there is nothing wrong with the design of the (incredibly noisy) standard powerhead.

Help.....need input. Please.

Sub.

Ive had no problem with noise with my Juwel filter and ive had it for just over a year now. 1year 3days to be precise. :p

nitro,

You sound happy with your filter, but on another thread, you describe it as, and I quote 'Crappy'.

What do you find wrong with the standard filter?

Sub.

the only time my jewel made a noise was
when air was trapped in the tube.
try disconecting the (angled) tubes and then
run the powerhead for a second.
this should blast any air trapped out.
then reattach as normal.

HTH

Thanks for your feedback guys.

I'm still finding the standard powerhead v-noisy after exchanging it several times. I'm beginning to think that I might be a little too critical.

The only way I have found to lower the noise level is to lift the lids on the tank!

It hums so much, it drives me mad!

I think I'll just stay with the set-up I'm running now. It seems to work well, and has twice the filter surface area of the Compact-H alone. I might have to add a polishing filter of some sort, but then thats a small price to pay for peace!

Sub.

I get a noise from my Juwel heater, but not from the filter.

When I first got it there was a slight noise (only the fussy, like me, would be bothered by) so I ran sticky-back draft excluding strip around the rim of the lid where it sits on the glass and haven't noticed it since.

daza said:
I get a noise from my Juwel heater, but not from the filter.

When I first got it there was a slight noise (only the fussy, like me, would be bothered by) so I ran sticky-back draft excluding strip around the rim of the lid where it sits on the glass and haven't noticed it since.
Hmmm,

Funny you should say that daza, cos thats the only way of stopping the rumble from mine.

Might get round to finding a really quiet DC brushless pump of some sort one day. Then I will get the peace and quiet I'm looking for.

Still can't buy a better tank for £189.90 however!

Thanks guys!

Sub.

My actually filter isn't noisy, the wires for the heater and pump make the filter housing rattle at times! Just give it a fiddle and it stops!

nitro,

You sound happy with your filter, but on another thread, you describe it as, and I quote 'Crappy'.

What do you find wrong with the standard filter?

sorry to take so long to reply.

I i am not that happy with the filter Sub. i find it very awkaward to clean, it takes lots of room up in the tank and plus my water is always dirty. Oh and lately i have been having problems with the pump staying alll stuck together.

Maybe i sounded happy because i am finally going to get the privilege to tear out the filter in a couple of weeks..... :unsure: -_- :flex:

My filter is starting to get a bit louder. I'm guessing it's due to the rubber pump socket hardening over time. It's 2 years old. I've tried looking for a new one in the lfs by me but the design seems to have changed and they now no longer appear to sell them. Anyone know of anywhere that sells the old style rubber attachment?

WK

I must admit I don't get any discernable noise from mine. The major problem is that sometimes when turning it back on after a water change it don't work.... I think the little magnetic 'fan' bit (techie, huh?) gets a bit off centre and won't go round. It always starts again, and I've never known it to just stop without me having done something to it, but just in case I've stuck an Eheim in there as well.

Also had major temp variations with all 3 juwel tanks - so have bit the bullet and will be running Ebo Jagers as backups. Come to think of it, they're turning out expensive with 2 filters and two heaters in each one!

And should I mention the lighting?!?!?!

I shouldn't moan, I got them for a good price, they seem pretty leak proof, they look good in my lounge, and apart from the temperature fluctuations of a few degrees they've never done anything that could harm the fish.

Sarah

mine rattles a bit but i found out it was the heater vibrating.

:crazy: hi guys i just thought id add a had a really annoying noise from my pump for round two days , kinda intermitant really fast tapping or clicking i took the power head apart to find half my crab catching the fan inside :crazy:

The only time mine makes a noise is when there is air trapped in there. Otherwise its silent. Not bad for 10 years old lol

Most reactions

Back