Is this platy fin nipped or fin rot?

The picture in post 2, the red fish has a creamy white film over its head and body. This is excess mucous produced by the fish to help protect it from something in the water that is irritating it.

Is the Thrive all in one fertiliser for aquariums or gardens
That is just a really bad picture. That coloration doesn't exist in real life. It's just glare or something.
Thrive is an aquarium fertilizer

That is just a really bad picture. That coloration doesn't exist in real life. It's just glare or something.
Thrive is an aquarium fertilizer
In photo#2 the platy is just blurred in my opinion which makes one think that it's mucous for I can not see the same thing in photo#1.

I tried to get some better pictures last night after I got the light. The first picture has bubbles in front of the fish that look like there is something on the fish but there isn't and the glare and water spots on the glass give the whole picture a whitish look. Hopefully these pictures are more useful.
They all seem to be eating well and swimming around happily. I see no signs of stress.
I did a 30% water change last night and before the water change all the parameters were the same as in my original post.
20231014_210251.jpg

20231014_210306.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back