Is this over stocking?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Welsh_Woman

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have a 113L tank and in my siggy is the fish i have in there at the moment, if I buy 5 small tailed guppies, 5 swordtails and 1 betta will it be over stocked? :dunno:

First off, unles you plan to upgrade to a much larger tank, get rid of the common pleco. He will be way too big for your tank in a very short perios of time. With him in the tank now, you are definitely overstocked as they get big and are also big waste producers. If you get rid of the pleco, you could probably add more fish but you won't be able to add many. Based on the 1" per gallon rule, you are probably getting close just with the neons and platies.. Just be careful putting a betta in with guppies (I see you said small tailed) or swordtails. A male betta will view anything with a large tail as a rival and fight it

well saying about the pleco, when i got him i didn't know how big he would get until i found out at home, when he gets to big i'm planning on finding him a good home. I think hes 3" at the moment, do you know how fast they grow?

It depends on the tank they are in. I haven't had one before but most people say they grow pretty fast. I have a friend that has one she has tried to give me because he has definitely outgrown her 40 gallon tand, He is now about 10". I just don't have any plave to put him or I would take him.

Most reactions

Back