Is this normal?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Sherlock

Reaction score
This morning one of my guppies sadly passed away :( I hadn't had him for long, but when I bought him he wasn't in great shape. I thought I could get him to improve, which worked for a couple of weeks, before he deteriorated again.

Anyway, my question is this - is it normal for a dead fish to turn white, or is this something to do with an illness he had? Is it worth worrying about considering the other fish in the tank? This might end up being a stupid question but there you go. Before you ask, yes my tank is cycled, and yes, my parameters are within an acceptable range :) :)

is it normal for fish to turn white after dying........in a couple of hours. the dead fish must of been dead for a while for it to turn white

is it normal for fish to turn white after dying........in a couple of hours. the dead fish must of been dead for a while for it to turn white

Oh okay, thanks for letting me know. I took it out as soon as I saw it in the morning but of course it might have been in there dead a while. All I know is he was alive yesterday evening, and dead this morning.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back