Is this lucky bamboo?

How can they grow in the soil but not in the underwater substrate? That kinda make no sense to me.
As long as the leaves are kept dry, the plants can have their roots in the water. This applies to lucky bamboo as well. Keep the leaves above water so the plant doesn't rot.

There you go .... Lucky Bamboo submerge low tech tank No CO2 and normal water change frequent.

The plant already in the tank for more than 2.5 years just that I need to clean the diathom that keep growing rapidly on the lucky bamboo leaves yeah thats a chore. I symphone all those diathom when I do the water change.
20210520_000135.jpg

Substrate use normal Aquasoil with a bit of sand on top.
20210516_011329.jpg

@Dajuyu Interesting! I've never seen it fully submerged for that long before. Do you have to trim the leaves back to keep it under water?
Yes indeed otherwise it will shoot up straight up to the top pof the tank .
I must say its a chores but yeah I love the look and feel of an Oriental touch on rows of Lucky Bambo under water.

I always let mine grow out the top of the tank. I had a horrendous problem with black brush algae back then, and I finally tore down the tank in disgust and started over without the bamboo. Cool looking stuff, though.

Most reactions

Back