Is it possible?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

FishLover990

Reaction score
If 100 eggs are laid by a zebra danio in a tiny bowl, how many eggs will survive most likely? Bc atm I can't go get anything bigger and a filter and heater or bigger tank and it'll be about a month before I can so is there anything I can do at home to guarantee the survival of at least a few. The bowl is either a water bottle or the one my betta came in.

In all honesty, if you can't provide proper conditions, you shouldn't be trying to breed your fish.

If you can't get a decent sized container (and it doesn't have to be a tank; a plastic storage box works very well) with a filter, you won't be able to raise healthy fish.

If you try to hatch and raise them in a container that's too small (you really need at least ten gallons), you'll just end up with stunted, or even deformed, fish,which won't be healthy, or able to live a long and happy life.

There's no rush; zebra danios aren't rare or endangered, so there's no need to try and save every egg or fry that might come along.

Wait until you're able to sort out a proper breeding set up, and then have a go at breeding :)

In all honesty, if you can't provide proper conditions, you shouldn't be trying to breed your fish.

If you can't get a decent sized container (and it doesn't have to be a tank; a plastic storage box works very well) with a filter, you won't be able to raise healthy fish.

If you try to hatch and raise them in a container that's too small (you really need at least ten gallons), you'll just end up with stunted, or even deformed, fish,which won't be healthy, or able to live a long and happy life.

There's no rush; zebra danios aren't rare or endangered, so there's no need to try and save every egg or fry that might come along.

Wait until you're able to sort out a proper breeding set up, and then have a go at breeding :)
I have a big clear storage container and my house is usually warm and I can do water changes every day. Would that be ok? Our local pet store will buy them and I need a little bit of money for a bat I'm saving up for and I'm almost there plus if I order it now it'll be here by the time our training starts.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back