Is it bad to ruin a bubble nest??

Wait a minute - do you have the 3 gouramies in a 10 gallon? I only just noticed that in your sig. - sorry that won't work. As soon as they start growing a little more they will begin to seriously injure each other. I was thinking you had at least a 30 gallon... Also, I don't know where you are thinking of keeping the 3 fry but they won't work in your other 10 gallon. As I said, I was thinking 30 gallons or more. If you want to keep 3 three-spot gouramies, get a much bigger tank.

I was thinking on putting the fry in a 5Gal I have and when they grew more I was going to put them in the other 10Gal (soon to be a 50/75Gal) and give away the rest of the fry, and btw, a friend of my mom gave us this tank with all his fish (he moved to another city), so those are the original fish that he had already bought (he even had a parrot and the other Gourami :eek: ). Since thats how he gave it to us we didn't thought it would be a problem -_-

How about keeping the 2 blue in their current 10 Gal, and moving the Gold one to my tank (the other one) would that work? or is it still not enough?
Just take into consideration that the thank with the Mollyes and the Tetras will soon be a much bigger tank, as for this 10Gal, I don't think my mom will want to get a bigger one, after all this is her tank (but I take care of everything :rolleyes: )

So, I guess I should not breed them yet, huh? :-( would it be "OK" if I wait to breed them until I get the bigger tank? that way I will have a spare 10Gal to let the fry grow and I could keep the 3 frys I wanted from the begginning in my new bigger tank, or maybe just 2 frys. :)

Well look, I have a lot of thoughts on this...

Once you have the bigger tank, you can move all your current fish (but the fantails) into it and have the two 10 gallons left over to breed and raise fry in. However, if you want to keep three of the fry like you said, I wouldn't add any more males - even in a 55/75 gallon - so go a head and breed the fry then (in the 10 gallons) but keep only 3 females and skip the male. Now I don't know how soon you are getting this bigger tank but it had better be within the next month or so if you realy want to keep all your fish (alive :p). If you want to reduce aggression a little, move the male (can't remeber which he was) to the other 10 gallon and leave the 2 females in the one they are in now. That might by you a little extra time. You still need the large tank asap though as you are severly over-stocked in both cases anyway (so it isn't just aggression/territoriality and physical space that are currently problems in your 2 tanks). My next predicament is what you plan to do with the fantails - now if I'm not mistaken, these are goldfish? The 2 of them need a coldwater 30 gallon for themselves. I don't know what you had in mind for them but they cannot stay with the tropicals and you absolutely cannot keep them in the 10 gallon they are in now.

wow :eek:

hehehe, the bigger tank (which I'm getting in a couple of months) is ment for the mollyes, the tetras, the Gold Gourami (a female), 2 or 1 clown Plecos (haven't got them yet) and maybe some other small schooling fish. I was even considering getting a Dwarf Gourami (another female) but now I don't know if that will be a good move. BTW, these are my fish and they all stay small.

And the remaining fish were ment to stay in their current 10Gal tank since they are my mom's fish and not mine -_- ... but now you got me thinking, and will have to discuss this with her, I'm not going to argue with you because you have more experience and knowledge than I do, but these fish (the ones in the second tank) have been together for over a year, this includes the Fantails (yes, they are goldfish) and I've seen no problem with them, maybe they got used to be on that enviroment, hehehhe :blink: although the person who got them first didn't research on them before buying (he didn't even knew what type each fish was)

Anyway, I will have to see if I can get the Fantails another tank, maybe the other 10Gal tank :( or a bigger one if possible, btw are you sure a 10Gal for them alone is not enough??? they don't go past the 3" (7cm) :/ and I will have to get a new filter so that will make it more difficult to convince my mom about it

Edit:
****** Ooops, nevermind I had previously seen that Fantails reach a max of 4" (10cm) but I just re-checked other websites and they can grow from 6 to 8 inches (15 to 20cm), so, I will have to work on my persuading skills with my mom on this one to get them a bigger tank :D hopefully before they get bigger ******

Unfortunately.... since that will possibly leave me with no extra tank to keep frys, I will have to wait until I settle all of this in order to breed the Gouramies (or never do it) :lol: which was the purpose of this topic in the first place

thank you sooo much for your comments :rolleyes: I will keep on posting about the progress if you don't mind

I'd love to hear updates. :)

BTW, goldfish like your fantails can actualy get to 12"... Also, the problem with the other ten gallon is the mollies. The tetras are fine but the mollies get to 4" potentialy, which would render the tank quite over-stocked.

Anyway, good luck with whatever you do. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back