is it a good idea to

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

wrs

Michelle's Hot
Reaction score
take the pregnate female out of the breeder tank because it causes strees for her and just scoup up the gyppys when she has them? or should i leave her in there because if she has them at night or when im not home.

how big is the "breeder tank"? is it actually a separate tank or one of those breeder boxes? if its the latter, don't leave her in there long. if you have plenty of plants and places for the fry to hide, you'll most likely be able to catch a few and transfer them. those breeder boxes are too small for anything but a guppy to use really, and even thats pushing it. those thing can actually stress her out enough to abort, its better to either put her in an actual tank set up for this or to just let her have them in the main tank and what survives, survives........

its the latter, i dont have alot of plants though, only 2 living, and 3 fake. no tank thats avalialbe, others filled up.

I wouldnt do it. It causes incredible stress on the female, and usually ends up with either her dead or all the babies dead. Just leave her in there, let her do her thing, and then go after the little things with the net. You probably will get almost all of them; my guppies aren't that viscious when it comes to eating their own young. Actually, mine never did that. :blink:

Dakota

Most reactions

Back