Is 4 gallons enough for 2 dwarf gouramis

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

El chapo

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Im planning on getting a new tank for my gourami (his name's Phil) and a female

You will want an aquarium that is no less than 24 inches (60 cm) in length for a pair of dwarf gourami. This would mean a standard 20 gallon high, or a 15 gallon, provided the length is 24 inches (60 cm).

A bit of advice I was always told, Buy the biggest tank you can realistically maintain and afford.
As you already have the fish the sizes the above guys are recommending should be your minimum, but go for the largest you can afford and can keep.

A bit of advice I was always told, Buy the biggest tank you can realistically maintain and afford.
As you already have the fish the sizes the above guys are recommending should be your minimum, but go for the largest you can afford and can keep.
I'm just looking for a small tank because I already have the largest tank I can maintain but the gourami can't go in it and I feel like the 1.5 I have him in is a bit small

I'm just looking for a small tank because I already have the largest tank I can maintain but the gourami can't go in it and I feel like the 1.5 I have him in is a bit small

As the guys have said above, they really need to be in a 15-20 gallon. If you can't keep them in one maybe consider taking it back to the store or re-homing??

Agree. A 4 gallon (I assume you mean 15 liter, not 1.5 ?) is too small for one gourami.

1.5 gallon is too small for any fish including a Betta.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back