Introducing myself

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Mamaber

Reaction score
Hi! I have recently gotten back in to aquatics. While I've established much more knowledge than my last attempt many years ago, I still have much to learn. I currently have a 75 gal freshwater community tank, and a 5 gal glo tank. The 5 gal was a gift from my well-meaning husband to get me started as I have talked for years of wanting to get back into this hobby. I am upgrading that one to either a 10 gal or maybe even a 20 gal next week. I then plan to use the 5 gal for a shrimp tank.
My 75 gal is my dream tank. It is currently stocked with corydoras, cardinal tetras, harlequin rasporas, an albino bristlenose pleco, one platy, a few guppies, a neon blue dwarf guarami, a couple ghost and cherry shrimp, a black mystery snail, and one glo fish that wasn't getting along with the others in the glo tank. It was doing well until I added the cardinal tetras. They don't seem to be doing well and I'm not sure why.
I look forward to hearing from you all and absorbing your knowledge and experience.

Hi and a very belated welcome to the forum :)

Most of the Glofish are social schooling fishes that stress if there are not enough of them in the group. This can lead to anti-social behaviour and fin nipping. tetras, barbs, danios and rasboras all need to be kept in groups of 10 or more. If you only have a couple of them, that would be a contributing factor for it not getting along with the others.

If you can post a picture of the grumpy fish we can tell you what species it is.

Hello, welcome to the forum Mamaber, I am looking forward to learning about your tanks.

Welcome! Your platy would appreciate a friend or two also. Look forward to seeing you around the forum.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back