Interpet Filter-Start?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

VladVenger

Reaction score
As far as I understand the fishless cycle with ammonia is the way to go. I asked my LFS if they had any and they recommended this instead, said it will cycle much faster. Has anyone used or know anything about this product?
It claims to have the necessary bacteria in it but considering it is sold on a shelf, for how long no one knows i'm skeptical about it having anything useful in it at all.
Looking for some more advice.

Sounds like your LFS is trying to seel you something that you don't need.

The only bacterial starter I would trust is Dr Tim's One and Only. The rest are either hit and miss, or just a way for you to spend more money at the LFS.

I'd suggest finding an ammonia source and going through a fishless cycle that way. You can get a kick-start on your cycle if you know someone with an established tank and swap some of your filter media (sponges, bioballs, ceramics, filter floss) for theirs. It won't hurt their tank if you take less than 25% of their media, and it will speed up your cycle by having a bacteria colony.

I agree I used dr. Tim's ammonia . You can also use some ammonia cleaner. I don't remember the link on this forum for a list of cleaners. But search it's here for sure.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back