Internal parasite treatment help

šŸ  May TOTM Voting is Live! šŸ 
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
šŸ† Click here to Vote! šŸ†

Stefan3289

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hello,

After discussing on another thread it looks like I will treat with flubenzadole. Iā€™m in the US and the product that I found is called ā€œcloverleaf absolute wormer plusā€ which has it as their main ingredient. However, they say treatment is .08g per 10 gallon. Iā€™ve seen on other threads it is .5g per 10g. Is this maybe because it is some concentrate and should I follow their instructions then? I can link the product as well but non of the fish stores near me have any products that contain flubenzadole.

You can get the real deal here. I keep this drug along with Levamisole HCL in my med. kit. I have been treating a big clown loach in a 150 gal. with Flub.
http://www.inkmkr.com/Fish/ItemsForSale.html

He will ask you why you need it before he will sell it to you.
Here is a good read from Dr. Harrison's site as well as the dosing directions- I keep a bottle of vodka in the freezer to help it dissolve and other reasons ;)

*Dissolving the Flubendazole compound may be difficult. Two methods work for me,
1. Take out a large cup or microwave safe bowl of tank water. Heat it in the microwave until it is too hot to touch - not boiling, just hot. Add the required 10% Flubendazole powder to hot water and stir to dissolve. Allow it to cool some and gradually pour the solution into the tank to
be treated.
2. In a small measuring cup or large spoon, add the required 10% Flubendazole powder. Add several drops of unflavored Vodka to the powder to begin a slurry and then almost a solution. Donā€™t add more than half again as much powder you are working with. Stir in all well and then
thoroughly mix the slurry into the tank to be treated.

Charles H. Harrison

JAKA Article on Flubendazole and resources
Background and treatment methods for using Flubendazole.PDF

Different companies use different concentrations of active ingredient in their products. It usually states on the packaging how much active ingredient is in the product. Follow the directions on the packaging.

Different companies use different concentrations of active ingredient in their products. It usually states on the packaging how much active ingredient is in the product. Follow the directions on the packaging.
I have 2 assassin snails in the tank as well. I know flubenzadole didnā€™t good with snails, but would the snails also be carrying the worm? If so, how would I then treat them? The other fish in the tank are cories and mollies, which would be fine.

Snails can carry worms so it's best to leave them in the tank to be treated with the fish. If they live they live. If you are attached to the snails and really like them, put them in a separate tank and keep them isolated for the rest of their lives.

Snails can carry worms so it's best to leave them in the tank to be treated with the fish. If they live they live. If you are attached to the snails and really like them, put them in a separate tank and keep them isolated for the rest of their lives.
Unfortunately I have no other tank besides a 10 gallon I keep as an emergency tank that is not even currently running, I do like them a lot. Also, is flubenzadole harmful to Cories? Iā€™ve seen some people say yes and some people say no.

Hello,

After discussing on another thread it looks like I will treat with flubenzadole. Iā€™m in the US and the product that I found is called ā€œcloverleaf absolute wormer plusā€ which has it as their main ingredient. However, they say treatment is .08g per 10 gallon. Iā€™ve seen on other threads it is .5g per 10g. Is this maybe because it is some concentrate and should I follow their instructions then? I can link the product as well but non of the fish stores near me have any products that contain flubenzadole.
If your fish are eating, try a treated food as well. Last I knew, Ken's Fish sold different types of medicated food. I'm sure that other places have them, too.

iAqua Purple is also a good general anti-parasitic that has potassium permanganate in it. Just be careful about dosing with a P.P. product. It is a common item for pond and water treatment but not add common for aquarium use.
Hello,

If your fish are eating, try a treated food as well. Last I knew, Ken's Fish sold different types of medicated food. I'm sure that other places have them, too.

iAqua Purple is also a good general anti-parasitic that has potassium permanganate in it. Just be careful about dosing with a P.P. product. It is a common item for pond and water treatment but not add common for aquarium use.
Iā€™m not sure what place that is, but I found one online that is for fish aquarium fish it looks like as it mentions discus and live bears for use. Iā€™ll follow the dosage to a T.

Hey @Colin_T, so I just added the first dose of medication. Just wanted to double check the guide that you put, I should do a 75% gravel change and clean the filter in 24-48 hours, do I then readd the medication that I syphoned out or no?

Most reactions

Back