Inter-Species Compatability

OohFeeshy

It's only forever; not long at all...
Reaction score
Soon I'll be able to go fish shopping (hoorah!), and with the possibility of obtaining more wilds I thought it was a good plan to see if people have any experiences of this.

The tank is 30x12x15, SE Asian biotype-ish. Currently housing a trio of Parosphromenus cupanus and a large unidentified betta that may be pugnax, akarensis, or something else entirely. I haven't reached a definite conclusion yet. The main 'theme' of the tank is labyrinths, although there will probably be a school of some sort, either cherry barbs or a miniature rasbora.

The species I'm most likely to find are imbellis, but potentially some of the other more common smaller species. It's easy enough to find information regarding 'other' fish, but I haven't seen a great deal about how these species tend to get along with other labyrinths. The current Betta is fine with all the other fish, but with imbellis being smaller I'm not sure about what they'll be like, especially with the cupanus.

Any experiences/input?

There are 4 Falixs being sold on ebay;

Ebay

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If they are clearly different complexes of fish, I don't see why not. I have maintained picta/pugnax simplex/raja colonies int he same tank before, all of which produced copious amounts of young, and lived together without qualms.

Most reactions

Back