Indentification Asap!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

necava01

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
so i just got off the phone with the owner of the lfs down the road. she is a personal friend and told me that she got one little oddball cichlid. its called a nano something(like kira or kara?) i saw it and definately want it but cannot find the exact fish!

Nannacara? But there a quite a few different fish in the family.

Should of asked for the spelling and wrote it down so you could find out about it. Its highly innapropriate and careless to buy a fish and not know how big it gets.

Perhaps a Nanochromis?

There's...
nudiceps
parilus (often mistaken for above, but these have white/tellow/black stripes on upper half of tail fin)
tranvestitus (the male is bland, female is lovely colours)

We all have a time where we read about or hear about a particular fish and say 'I want it' but I would recommend that you do a lot of reading before making a final decision ;)
This may help IF it is a Nannacara, there`s a bit of profile info:
http://www.seriouslyfish.com/profile.php?genus=Nannacara&species=anomala&id=123

i called her back and she spelled it for me, and from the picture of the golden dwarf, the nannacara is a perfect match! i plan on researching this fish as much as possible before getting it. that you can be sure of!

had a few of these in wharf today stunning little things in the flesh

You can also check here:
http://www.ciklid.org/artregister/artreg_visa_art.php?ID=447

Just click on the english flag up to the right and the site auto translates to english (some swedish words might still be there). Then you can click on other nannacara species as well to see abit more info. However not too many more exists and not all are described on this site.

To the left you have a massive set of species and info about them. Unfortunately pictures does not work with englisg turned on for some reason.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back