impulse buy

nightlife20

Gettin back into it all after 4 yrs off
Reaction score
ok... i did a bad thing... iv brought a 'whiptail' catfish (i put the ' because im not sure if thats its name as i cant find any info)

as said i cant find any info but i have got a pic.... ignore the bluryness

also ignore the nosey cory :rolleyes:
post-22-1083605352.jpg

Seek out inchworm and the information that lies therein. :nod:

Inchworm's the member who's got the website with the catfish id's, right? :huh:

Well, it belongs to most likely to one of these genus: Loricaria, Rineloricaria or Hemiloricaria. Yoy might want to check Planet Catfish, maybe someone looks familiar.

Planet catfish - Loricariidae

Most of them are peaceful and easy, not reaching over 20cm.

no, it hasnt got the finnage of a plec, its slim almost flat, lightgrey with dark grey stripes and v none active.... hardly moves and didnt seem bothered by my hoplos or my cories... or my crabs come to think of it. :/ oh well... never mind

Whiptails are a species of Loricariidae like Plecs with the characteristic 'sucker mouth'.

Almost looks like a juvenelle Farowalla...light color phase. Did you take that pic just after adding it to the tank?

I've just been told it's apparently one of three things - most likely the first two :)
1. Whiptail
2. Farowella (sp.)
3. Horseface loach

As far as I know, there fine for community tanks, we've got the first two and they've been no problem - nice fish :)

Looks like it could be Hemiloricaria fallax to me?

Clown Loach said:
I've just been told it's apparently one of three things - most likely the first two :)
1. Whiptail
2. Farowella (sp.)
3. Horseface loach

As far as I know, there fine for community tanks, we've got the first two and they've been no problem - nice fish :)
dosnt look like a horse face to me (and some a few years back).

smithrc said:
Clown Loach said:
1. Whiptail
2. Farowella (sp.)
3. Horseface loach

dosnt look like a horse face to me (and some a few years back).
No its not a Horsefaced Loach I have some and that isn't one. :)

no its defo not a horsefacve, i turned one of them down because i didnt like the look

the pic was take a day later but i dont see the point... his/her colorings havnt changed at all....

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back