if i wanted to build a pond

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

lilslim321

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
if i wanted to build one in my back yard what do u think it would cost me. i would love to know

anywhere from 50£ upwards ( to the americans thats about 75$ ish up to the thousands... reallly depends on the following

a- lining ( plastic lining .pvc, polythene or butyl lining) from 50p a sqft upto £5 a sqft
b-if u use preformed bases ( from £40 , to a nice large one £ 970 )(they do go higher)
c-what kind of pumps and filtration u use,( whether u use a uv filter or foam filter)
d-fish stock and plants,

we bought one of the fibre glass ones, cost £149 , had it years, :)

built me own a few years ago agian! gonna redo it next year as it has a leak! around the egde loses around an inch from top of liner around brick wall...

don't rekon much to the liners i had one before the fibre glass pond,
and it got torn very easy, good job i didn't keep fish in it, mines is a wild life pond, gets filled with frogs, mainly lol :lol: oh and i've got some realy nice water lillies in it, :thumbs:

had firbe glass ones , went to liners a cos they cheaper and b u can build ur own shape, and they cheaper. the real heavy duty ones last for 10-25 years depending on thickness and who made it lol

Hello lilslim321,

A "good" outdoor (lined) watergarden/Pond would run about the price of a 'hot tub'. I'd say anywhere from $1500 to $4500 depending on the size. Hope this helps.

Scott

Well now it really does vary in price& what materials are used& where your located.I have had 3 ponds.1st was 125 gal with roofing rubber as the liner(lifetime garenttee on the roofing rubber :fun: ) I had it when lived in indpls...even ice skated on it one day :alien: 2nd was a barrell pond...found it too small for me...but hey was moveable..LOL 3rd& bestly is my 90 gal pond with waterfall .
1st>>roughly about $300
2nd>> about $60 barrell kit and some plants,lily,water iris,grass thinggy.
3rd>>kit was $89,upgraded to 125 gal pump(was a better made one)& picked some iron/ore rock up for free...loaded in 100 degree weather hot job.will add fish in the spring
http://community.webshots.com/user/njoynit03
are pics of pond in garden alblums

Most reactions

Back