Idlefingers' Salty Journal

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Thanks for the advice guys.. I had dismissed tangs thinking they all got too large for my tank. I'll have a look into those. I guess I'll leave the algae in for the mo (maybe except for the one which you mentioned sophos.. not sure..)

Nice UV fella, what made you buy one?

I think my fear of whitespot etc was the deciding factor. I know the UV won't stop anything but if it lowers the chances of spread and makes the water quality slightly better, I'm happy. :)

I bought my first coral today :hyper: . A devil's finger coral..

1242144467_d74971c51c_b.jpg

And also bought a midas blenny who's currently sulking in the rocks..

1243005556_17f9419fb0_o.jpg

Thanks!

I noticed in your journal that you feed your leather coral marine snow.. how often do you feed it?

Thanks guys!

and I see your hermits are into similar upgrades as mine..lol

lol. Did you order yours off ebay?
The shells, yes :hyper: .. not the hermits they keep from Reef Critters.com.
Mine are walking around in the strangest of atire , I'm shcked to see these little diddy blue legs hulkinh these great shells up rock faces..LOL Its so funny when they fall and spend the next 10 mins trying to get the huge shell the right way up, thats unless I take pitty and give them a little hand ;)

:lol: mine have been quite sensible with their upgrade choices so far but they still seem cumbersome with fitting shells!

I just ordered some more hermits and a couple more snails from aquatic-store.co.uk and one of the crabs is HUUGE! I'm just acclimatising them now but I'm sure I'll litter this with some more pics in a bit. I should put a "not 56k friendly" warning on this thread.. :p

More pictures is always good, looking at all your tanks keeps me going until I get my own one set up :)

I was thinking of going for one of their critter packs when it came to getting a CUC so what where they like to buy from?

They were good.. Dispatch & delivery was fast, they were well packaged (and the snails & hermits were in separate bags) and good price. It was my first time to ever order any sort of livestock over the internet and I'm really pleased with it. I wish I'd bought all my CUC from them rather than paying twice as much for things at my lfs!

Thats good to hear :)

Sadly I only have two stores within a 2-3 hours driving radius that has Marine stock. Both of these stores only has fish and one or two corals (limited selection too) so looks like I might have to get most of my stock from the internet.

Guess the only good thing is there are no tempting impulse buys nearby :)

Tanks looking great btw (dont think I mentioned that before, sorry :) ).

Cheers sophos.

Here's the big hermit..
1279423036_9ccc84928d_b.jpg

Close up of the Devil's hand..
1278554329_5fd636b682_o.jpg

And finally the good 'ole full tank shot. I shifted a couple of pieces of live rock and decided to move the coral to a slightly better position. I want to get a little more LR to fill in the right-hand-side next to the filter box a little..
1279419828_5db284748d_b.jpg

*edit* moved calcium & magnesium question into it's own thread

Most reactions

Back